-Chapter 33-

(TW- Strong Language in some parts)

Lexa's POV:

"Clarke!" I yelled, I immediately covered my mouth with my gloved hand and listened to see if anyone heard. There were muffled voices and then the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, I felt panic flood my veins and I turned back to the window. I took a deep breath and launched myself through it.

I landed on Avery's perfectly groomed back lawn with a thump, I quickly got up off the ground and checked to see where Clarke was, I saw her beckoning me to follow her from the far side of the garden, she was sitting on top of the wooden fence that bordered onto Avery's next door neighbors backyard. I put Avery's phone in my back pocket and ran towards her, Clarke jumped over the fence onto the other side and I grabbed the top of the fence and hauled my body over the fence. I heard someone shout from out the window but I made sure not to look towards the voice. I landed on the other side of the fence and immediately felt pain shoot up my leg, I ignored the pain for now and ran towards the front of the neighbors property, I saw Clarke up ahead, she opened the front gate and checked to make sure I was following her before shooting through it and heading towards her car which was parked on the opposite side of the road.

We flung ourselves into the car and Harper drove us out of the neighborhood, Clarke and I shared relived sighs as we saw the Kane's house become more distant on the horizon.

"Thank god you guys didn't get caught! Harper was about to try distract Mr, Kane and his new girlfriend or whatever to give you guys more time." Raven said, chuckling slightly. I raised my eyebrow and shared a look with Clarke who was next to me in the back seat.

"I was panicking okay? Leave me alone." Harper said, sounding offended. We all shared a nervous laugh and we continued towards Clarke's house in silence.

Clarke's POV:

We got back to my house and I unlocked the front door, peering into the empty lounge, checking for mom. She never worked the day shift on Mondays.

"Okay, come in." I said once I was sure that mom wasn't around. Raven, Harper, Lexa and I all crept down the hallway to my room. I shut the door behind us and we all sat down on my bed.

"Okay, who's got the phone?" Raven asked, I patted my pocket to check the phone was still there, it was. I pulled it out and showed it to them.

"Do you know the password?" Harper questioned, sounding doubtful. I shrugged.

"If she was still obsessed with Harry Styles then yes." I replied, laughing at Lexa's disgusted expression.

"Why would anyone listen to Harry Styles by CHOICE?" She said, folding her arms. I sighed and typed Harry Styles's birthday into the pin pad on her phone. It unlocked and displayed her home screen. I stared at her phone, she has 6,734 Snap chats, 265 Instagram notifications and 355 Messages.

"What is it?" Raven asked, leaning over the bed and peering over my shoulder, "Holy shit!" She snatched the phone from my hand and opened up Snapchat.

"Don't open any of them! They'll see." I warned her, she nodded and closed the app, opening Instagram instead.

"No matter what, they will see that we've opened them, they'll just think it's her family." Raven said, opening a DM.

---

After thirty minutes of reading DM's of, 'I can't believe you're gone.' , pictures of people crying and Instagram posts dedicated to Avery. Harper opened up Avery's messages, her eyes went wide and she quickly pressed the home button.

"What is it?" Lexa and I asked at the same time. Lexa reached forward and grabbed the phone, Harper watched our movements. Lexa held the phone in front of me and we read the last conversation she had had.