-Chapter 38-

Clarke's POV:

It was Saturday morning and I felt like a train wreck after the party, Lexa had gone to her house for the night in fear that my mother would be home in the morning, she wasn't, as expected. She had been staying at Mr. Kane's house which left me with a lot of free time. It was also Lexa's final soccer game of the season, I had only gone to about four of her games and she was definitely skilled. My phone vibrated and I checked the message. Harper.

Harper: We need to hangout. 10?

Clarke: I can't, Lexa's last game :/

Harper: What time is it?

Clarke: 11-12:30ish

Harper: Okay, how about 1 at the mall?

Clarke: Can we go to the library? I need to study.

Harper: Sounds good! I'll see you there <3

Clarke: See you at 1 <3

I put my phone down and had a shower before getting changed. I hadn't seen Harper for ages so I was pretty exited. I was also exited to see Lexa play again, I really hoped she got the scholarship she wanted, I could tell she was definitely skilled at the game but I had seen some of the play offs against Polis University and they were good, like, hella good.

"Clarke!" I heard mom call from the kitchen as she entered the house, snapping me out of my thoughts, I rolled my eyes and headed downstairs to greet her. I didn't expect her to be home so early.

"Hi mom." I mumbled un-enthusiastically when I got to the dining room. She looked up at me and gave me a half hearted smile which I ignored, our relationship had been pretty strained lately, I had told her that I was 'officially' bisexual a few days ago and she had told me, 'Don't feel the need to label yourself!' and that, 'You don't need to be bi to fit in!' Which made me so mad that I couldn't even speak so I ended up just barricading myself in my room when she was around.

"You look tired." She stated. I leaned against the doorway.

"What's your point?" I replied in a clipped tone. She leaned her chin on her hand with a contemplative look on her face.

"Do you really think you should be going out today? You should be doing your homework." She pointed out, sure, I had like, four assignments due by next week but Lexa's game was more important. I hated how mom was acting, this passive aggressive, 'I'm just trying to help you.' attitude really got on my nerves because she only did this when she knew that my plans included Lexa.

"For fucks sake, mom. Go back to Kane's house." I walked out of the room with a smug expression on my face, grabbed my bag and headed out to my car, ignoring the sharp intake of breath from my mom.

---

I arrived at the stadium which was bustling with people and began migrating my way towards the girls locker room which Lexa had texted me to meet her in. People pushed their way past me and it took me almost 10 minutes to reach the changing room. I opened the door and walked past the last few people in her team that were putting on their shin pads and other accessories . I saw Lexa nearer the back of the changing room with her back to me, she was in full uniform and I felt my heart speed up. I walked the rest of the way up to her and hugged her waist from behind, her back straightened and I rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Hello." I looked over her shoulder at her hands which were zipping her sports bag up, I grabbed them and I could feel her smile.

"Hello, Clarke." She let out a small sigh and I felt her shoulders relax slightly.

"No way! Is Lexa nervous?" I teased, she turned around in my grasp to face me. By now the changing room was empty and the only thing we could hear was the dripping of a leaky tap.