-Chapter 37-

Clarke's POV:

I woke up on Friday and rolled out of bed, Lexa and I hadn't really spoken since Wednesday. However, Bellamy and I had been hanging out a lot more, I had lunch with him and some of his other friends on Thursday and they seemed reasonably nice, except for Roan, he seemed to not like the idea of me dating a girl but he didn't make it an issue. I hoped that Lexa could see that maybe we could be friends. Even though Bellamy was in college already he seemed to always have time to hangout and get lunch with his friends.

---

I got out of my car and looked down at my outfit, my denim overalls and a white tank top, I had recently brought a small rainbow pin that I pinned onto my overalls. I was feeling confident about my sexuality, and my body for that matter. When I looked in the mirror I still saw my imperfections and insecurities but they didn't take over my mind like they used to. I noticed Bellamy sitting on the hood of his car smoking a cigarette, I rolled my eyes and walked over to him, he was talking to two of his friends who were also in collage.

"You do know that you don't have to hang out in a high school parking lot all the time, right?" I teased, he laughed and I smiled.

"So you coming tonight?" One of the girls he was with who I later found out was called Niylah, I shrugged.

"I don't know, Lexa doesn't seem keen on coming." I leaned against Bellamy's car and he let out a puff of smoke.

"Just come, if she doesn't then it's her loss."

"Okay."

Lexa's POV:

I sat in English with Raven doing the work while she was eye fucking Luna who was sitting on the desk group on the opposite side of the room who was returning the stare. I elbowed her and she turned to look at me with an annoyed look on her face.

"Stop staring and help me decipher what the fuck Shakespeare was trying to say in 1596." I whispered.

"I don't know, it was just Romeo being a simp for Juliet." She replied, looking extremely bored.

"You're useless." I rolled my eyes and she shrugged.

"Not to Lun- Ow!" I pinched her arm before she could finish what she was saying. She looked back to Luna and I stared down at my so far empty worksheet.

Clarke seemed set on going to the beach with Bellamy tonight and I knew that she was stubborn so it would be hard to get her to not go. I sighed and grabbed my phone out of my pocket.

Lexa: I'll come to the beach tonight.

I waited for her to reply, it took her five minutes.

Clarke: Okay :), want to get ice cream at lunch?

Lexa: I'd love to.

I put my phone down, my mood lifted considerably and I started actually writing some stuff on my worksheet.

---

Lunch came around faster than I expected so I headed to Clarke's classroom (yes maybe I had memorized her timetable but that's besides the point.) She had visual design so I headed to R Block, sure enough, she was waiting for me with her portfolio in her arms.

"So, you finally decided to come." She smirked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, come on. I want ice cream." I grabbed her hand and she led me to her car and we drove to the ice cream parlor, blasting Taylor Swift on the way.

---

We sat on a splintered wooden bench, looking out at the ocean, a comfortable silence between us. I soaked up this moment. Trying to remember how the waves sounded against the sand, the wind in the trees, the birds chirping and Clarkes steady breaths.