Chapter 29

ALICE POV

"So, it's our last day here and I figured I'd ask you if there was anything that you wanted to do before we leave tomorrow morning?"

The week had been incredible. We had done so much with the time we had here that I thought it would be impossible to part with the spectacular place afterwards.

We'd visited the beach twice where we mostly laid under the sun but also ran amongst the azure waves of the ocean. We'd even packed our own picnics and eaten out on the sand. It was such a romantic gesture that any onlookers would instantly presume us to be a couple and honestly, I couldn't blame them. If only they knew the truth.

We had also spent a day on a hike out in the rainforest. This particular one that we visited was called 'The Katouche Rainforest' and was 80 acres of green trees and exotic plants. We were taken around by a guide and it was by far one of the most stunning things I'd ever seen. I loved how the golden light dripped through the huge leaves of the trees and we'd get the occasional sighting of rare birds and creatures. Antonio, on the other hand, was not in his element what so ever. It was so obvious that he was uncomfortable amongst the wildlife but he knew I loved it and therefore said nothing. After all that was the least that he could do.

We also went into one of the towns a few times, which I appreciated too. It was so interesting to see the architecture and culture of another country in real life other than America. It was so quaint and beautiful here and I never wanted to leave.

Don't even get me started on the food. To say it was delicious would be a huge understatement. I had been devouring barbequed meat and fresh sea food all week and couldn't get enough of the divine flavors and seasoning of everything.

"I don't really mind what we do."

Antonio was very good at organizing our day activities so I'd just leave him to decide. Besides, if I didn't like it he would plan something else asap instead.

"I have the perfect idea."

What a surprise. He probably had everything booked already and just wanted to check on me first. In Antonio's world, everyone and everything was at his disposal. If he was bored of something he could get rid of it as quickly as snapping his fingers, same if he wanted something or in my case....someone.

"Where is it we are going?"

So far Antonio hadn't actually confirmed where it was that he was taking me, however I assumed it had something to do with water since we were both dressed in swimwear.

"I told you Alice, you will see when we're there."

I rolled my eyes and the gesture was returned with a smirk from Antonio. We had gradually made our way down the coast as we walked.

Anguilla was not even compatible to the city back in the states. The large, grey monstrosities we called buildings that towered over us had been swapped with lush green land and sandy beaches. The air smelt fresh and clean unlike the toxic fumes that I breathed in back home. I guess what I was trying to say was it was so peaceful and natural here. The place had somehow managed to completely rid me of any negativity and worrying that I had been dealing with.

It was when I saw a boat come into our view that I was wondering what the hell Antonio had in store for me. My suspicions grew even more when we boarded the boat but Antonio still had made no efforts to reveal what was going on even when I asked him.