~Nightmare~

I give my test along with the other girls,they look like they are ready to kill me and each other every second

I give my test along with the other girls,they look like they are ready to kill me and each other every second.I see Ryder's mom who is giving her blood sample.I don't know if I can call her mom yet.Or if she wants me as a daughter at all.Who would want a fat daughter who is coming with a package of hearing problem?These girls look like models from magazines.

I feel out of place,too much self concious which I never felt earlier.There are eyes judging me all around,from maids,bodyguards to that rude man.All of them looking at me like I'm some artifact in a museum.

I feel nervous between them and step out of the testing area. Even Ryder's mom comes out and gives me a small smile. My lips don't move to return them. She feels disappointed. It's my mistake,not hers,I can't smile instantly,it takes time to process, to fake it too.I feel bad for her something twists in my heart.

I feel a hand on my shoulder,"I didn't get to see you properly,can you turn around"She pleads to which I obey.She smiles at me softly. The rude man who's seeing our conversation looks away clenching his fist. Maybe he doesn't like my presence.

"You are my daughter,I can feel it,DNA doesn't have to prove,my eyes and heart prove it" She states to which my eyes widen in shock.Her eyes are full of tears and hugs me tightly.I feel my something warm on my cheek,my tears.

"I feel the same way I felt when I touched you for the first time sweetheart,the same warmth, same happiness when I held you in my arms"She says as the tears flow like a river.

"Baby,My heart recognised you as a part of my soul the moment I saw you,I don't need any medical reports for that,it's just for the world."She releases the hug.She cups my face lovingly.Her finger touches my hearing aid frowns.

My aid is snatched brutally off from my ear and is smashed to the ground.I see the Rude man glaring at me shouting,I couldn't catch the words but the only thing I can understand is that he's angry.

Ryder's mom comes between him and me like she's protecting me,she shouts at him,his face turns guilty and sad?

She drags me away from them with tears in her eyes.She takes me away from him to her bedroom I think.She makes me sit on her bed,and gives me water to drink.

She signs to me if I can hear her,to which I shook my head.

"I can read your lips" I say to which she smiles sadly.

"I'm sorry,Angus thought it was some spy device,he thought you were a threat,he acted before thinking"She says guiltily.

I couldn't help but chuckle,it's actually cool to think like that.Atleast he didn't look at me as disabled.I can tell people that I'm a spy,or working in some secret organisation,if they ask about my aid.

She taps on my cheek for my attention."What's your name baby?"

"Althea,you can call me Thea"She smiles widely testing my name