~Exchange~

"Why did you come? What else is there for you to destroy?" My adopted mom says with her bloodshot eyes as soon as I enter the house

"As soon as you stepped into our lives, the only things which happen are mishaps and destructions"She says with her eyes full of rage.

I whimper from hurt not knowing what to say.

"What the hell are you speaking Cassie? Are you out of your mind!?"My dad yells at my mom to which she glares at him.

"I didn't say anything wrong! it's because of her Adrain is kidnapped" She says as I flinch at her tone.

"The kidnapper wants you in exchange of my son! you know that! why the hell are you still here you selfish bitch!?"She yelled as my heart sunk with tears brimming in my eyes at her words.

I couldn't find my mom who loved me unconditionally anymore,all I saw in her eyes was hate and disgust.

"Ivan and Ry told that..."I stutter with a broken voice only to be interrupted by her.

"Told what? To wait till I get my sons deadbody?"I flinched visibly as tears rolled down my eyes.

"N..No"I whimpered desperately

"I..I..." She pulls me by my arm.My cheeks sting in pain.My head flew to the side.I cup my cheek in shock.She slapped me.

"Don't utter another word! I wish you were dead in the hospital on that day instead of my own baby girl" I broke.

Her words stung more than the slap. I never knew words have power to kill people. My tears won't stop while the pain in my heart kept increasing.

"That's enough! Calm the fuck down!"My dad shouts pulling her away from me.

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down!"She screams.

"What if they killed my baby already you deaf bitch" She yells and goes pale, she covered her mouth with her hand to suppress the sound of her cry.

"Mumma..." I tried to touch her but she stepped back.She sniffled, staring at me like she didn't recognize me anymore.

"You are a criminal too,it's in your blood,all you know is to ruin people's lives" She utters glaring at me.My heartbeat stopped and my tears stilled.I couldn't take it anymore.

"STOP.IT"I yell to which she flinches this time.

"I'm going to get Adrain back,I promise"I choke out with determination to which she scoffs.

"Thea,don't take decisions in anger,let's sit and think what we have to do" My dad says trying to convince me to which I shake my head.

"No...I'm going to get your son,my brother back to you,even if I have to give my life for him" I say to which his eyes widen.

"Thea...both of you are my kids,I can't choose"He says with tears in his looking at mom in disgust.

"No...I'm not, you don't have to choose" I whisper brokenly wiping of my tears.