~Warning~

Ivan left with Jason in an urgency and didn't come back home the whole night, working in his office seriously

I tried to distract myself by hanging out with Maya, Remy and Eli but nothing worked out.

"Eat a little atleast" May asks in concern to which I smile picking up on my food. I couldn't. My appetite was lost.

"Hey, Look they're back" May said as she rammed her elbow into my side. My heart paced in excitement as I heard footsteps.

He entered into the house along with Aiden and Jason. Maya ran towards Aiden in excitement and entangled herself into his arms. I look at their affection and feel a pang in my heart yearning for similar expression from Ivan. But then I saw him clearly.

He looked miserable. His eyes were distant and cold. He was using his phone as he walked towards his office in the house with Jason following him. He glanced up briefly from his phone, and his eyes locked with mine. Instantly, he stopped on his tracks and changed his direction, started walking towards me.

His phone rang halting him walking towards me again. He just stared at me for a long time as he continued speaking on his phone. Even before I could take a step towards him, he turned on his heel and walked away. My heart bled with longing.

Rejection.

What is more important than me to him?

Am I asking for more? Just a small smile and a hug would be more than enough.

Thea don't be so desperate, Ivan might feel suffocated if you are so clingy.

May put a hand on my shoulder in concern. "Thea, are you alright?" She questioned softly.I could feel pity in her voice which made me feel more pathetic.

I put on a fake smile and looked at her. "I'm fine"

But little did she know that I was crying inside.

My phone rings. I answer it.

"What?" I grumble

"Sounding as jolly as ever" Adrain replies sarcasticallly making me roll my eyes.

"Why did you call?" I ask tiredly.

"Your assistant called me that there's some emergency in our office, she sounded panicked for some reason" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "She wanted my presence immediately, but I have an urgent meeting, Can you go check it up?"

Adrain was handling Ivan's company temporarily so it was taking a toll on him. The major shareholders of the Black Corporations have decided to withdraw their shares and contracts at once. Adrian is trying his best to solve the issues. The company's stock fell by 8%.

"Why did she call you?" I ask.

"She said that you weren't picking it up"

"Oh... ok" I reply suspiciously as I didn't find any missed calls.