96

Run Through Walls - The Script

____________

"Are you sure you got this?"

"Shhhh, when haven't I've done this before?"

"Well...... Since the last time we came here, so a year ago when you were still childish."

Taehyung grimaces at the boy, who's grinning with that concerned stare in his eyes, before refocusing on putting the star properly on top of the tree. The tree is probably pass six feet tall, but with a chair and clinging onto a picture frame hanged up against the wall, Taehyung has managed to put on without tumbling to the ground because of his clumsy balance.

It wouldn't have been the first time it has happened, so Felix at least had a reason to be worried.

Felix excitedly squeals when Taehyung got down from the chair, the two staring at the glowing tree proudly to their work. Unfortunately Taehyung's parents at the moment aren't at the greatest health, catching the flu, to have decorated the house, so Taehyung and Felix took it upon themselves to do everything for them; Cook dinner, decorate the tree and give the Christmas spirit life into this house.

To say Taehyung's parents were grateful for their endless care and work would be an understatement, especially by having Felix here with them as well since he's practically family to them as well.

Throughout the holiday today, Taehyung and Felix has spent most of their day aiding the parents. They didn't mind it one bit and had their Christmas dinner in their room so they wouldn't have to get up and go. It all felt normal, laughing and talking about stories on tour or how life had been here with them being away.

The tree is empty this year from presents due to the sickness, but that's okay. As long as they have each other that's all that matters in this family.

So for last time of the night, Felix and Taehyung checked up on his parents again before getting comfortable to do their Christmas tradition that they created themselves; Watching endless Christmas movies until the clock strikes midnight, where they will say their Christmas wishes and hope it comes true. It's a literally tradition that have made it their own since the first time Felix came over, a youthful tradition but it remains with the same joy even as adults.

A pile of blankets and pillows later all being throw to the couch, snuggling themselves up with the lights down and the fireplace on, they began to celebrate their Christmas.

As strange as it is, things weren't exactly as awkward between the ex pair as they expected by being here; it all felt like how it always did before and they both made sure to keep the environment with that same atmosphere with no awkwardness being in the way.

However from time to time Taehyung did have to hold himself back from instinctively leaning onto Felix's body, or lay his head on his shoulder, maybe even hold his hand. Those were things that they use to do a lot before even as friends, but right now crossing boundaries wouldn't be so wise.

Felix is a taken man now, and Taehyung does not want to fuck up all over again.

Not Felix's happiness.

"How do you think the concept of Santa came to be? What would be a reason?"

Taehyung blinks over the movie Elf on the screen as he munches on the popcorn, turning his head to see Felix still focused on the tv but his eyes glowing in curiosity.

"To give hope maybe," Taehyung shrugs, checking the time to see its two minutes before midnight, "Gives kids something nice to look forward to."

"But it's lying to them," Felix points out, finally looking at him, "I would've grown up upset if I got told I've been living a lie."