1.7 Bandaids Don't Fix Bullet Wounds

Edited 02-22-21 5:28 PM-

Later the next day, John b had stolen/borrowed some diving gear from The Cameron's yacht. The group of teens driving to where they had seen the boat. Esperanza was laying down with her head on JJ's lap as she traced his abs with her pinky JJ glanced down at the girl with furrowed brows but her eyes were shut so she had know idea.

"Does anyone know how to dive?" Kiara asks. Esperanza raises her hand and JJ pulls it down.

"You're not going in there." JJ said sternly.

"Why? I know how to. JJ I'm gonna be careful you have no reason to worry." She said groaning as she sat up.

"Promise?" JJ said holding out his pinky making eye contact with her. Without hesitation she wrapped her pinky with his.

"Promise." She said not breaking eye contact. The group noticing-and watching uncomfortably, the intenseness there faces only inches apart. He was only about 9 inches taller than her, him standing at 5'11 and her exactly 5'2. She couldn't help but gasp when JJ finally pulled her into a hug so she couldn't do it and spoke up.

"No" He said bluntly. She sighed before giving up, pushing him off of her.

"Its kind of a kook sport" JJ said turning to Kiara

"I read about it" Pope finally spoke up.

"Great. Pope read a book about it. Someones gonna die." Kiara said rolling her eyes.

"I'll do it" John B said.

"John B no. Seriously guys i can do it" Esperanza said standing up. And JJ pulling her into his side.

"You almost drowned last night. I had to bring you back to life. I resuscitated you, so now I'm in charge of your life so you don't lose it, savers in chargers or whatever. And my answer is no." JJ said getting protective. And she noticed so she smiled at the boy. Who gave her a confused look. "What?"

"JJ loves me" she said dragging out each word to tease him. His face went bright red so he rolled his eyes and looked away.

"Look you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" John B said changing the subject.

"How hard could it be? John B do this wrong and you die. Let me go JJ I actually know what to do. John B will end up dead if he does this wrong. John B will die. Do you want to murder your best friend?" She said standing on the bow to make sure JJ was the one looking up to her.

"Ok asshole" He said smiling,"you can go"

"No, She's not. That's basically my sister your talking about. She's not nearly dying to protect me again." John B said walking over to JJ,"How will this kill me exactly?"

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends," Pope said speaking up.

"Bends? Like bend over and-" JJ began to ask bending over while holding onto a pole on the boat making the girl snort in laughter.

"Bends kill you" Pope said turning to JJ.

"Right." JJ said standing back up which made the girl laugh harder until she realized something. He told them about the bends. She was quite sure JJ wouldn't let her go out anymore,"Yeah um. The answer is back to No."

Right on cue. She rolled eyes and laughed at her previous thought. "Okay I get that we're best friends and all JJ but seriously you don't get to decide what I can and can't do." She scowled at him.

"Mhm. Yes I can. Like I said. Savers in chargers" He said simply, Esperanza chuckled softly as she rolled her eyes.

"You're an idiot." She said.