1.13 Professional Mermaid

Esperanza was in the shower washing her hair when someone knocked on her door.

"Esperanza!" Her mom yelled out.

"Me estoy lavando el pelo mamá" Esperanza called back to her.

"JJ está aquí dulce corazón" Elena yelled back.

Glad she had already finished washing her hair out she put conditioner in and rinsed it out. Esperanza rolled her eyes and hopped out the shower and wrapped the towel around her body and left the bathroom.

"What do you want JJ" she said with the towel still around her body.

"Uh John B made me come inside to get you he said it was important" he said trying not to look at her.

"Ok give me a few minutes to get dressed" she said before heading back into her room to get dressed. She walked out her room and got ready to leave

"Te ves hermosa. Have fun" her mom called out and Esperanza looked back at her and smiled.

"Woah. Gorgeous babe in our captivity" Kiara said as the girl climbed in into the boat

"Ah, sí. precioso de hecho." she said as she sat down next to JJ and pulled her hair into a bun.

"Where we goin" she asked

"You'll see" John B said.

"Last time you said that we ended up at a cemetery" the girl sassed.

"You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wake setter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200K, easy." JJ said looking at a boat.

"We picked the wrong parents guys" Pope spoke out.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kiara said as Esperanza scoffed.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Esperanza called out to Sarah as she pulled down her glasses to mean mug them.

Esperanza and Kiara both hate Sarah with a passion. Sarah abandoned them. They all used to save turtles together in ninth grade. And Sarah just cut them off for some unknown. And for that they hated her. And they had every right to.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

The pogues were now at a 4 star hotel. The pogues were still not telling Esperanza why they were here.

"All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ said picking up the gun. Everyone else scolding him.

"I think he looks pretty hot holding that gun to be honest." she said quietly but not quietly enough since everyone turned and looked at her. Kiara smiling of course and the boys in shock."What?" She asked looking at them like they were stupid.

"Did you just say I looked hot with a gun?" JJ asked smirking at the girl.

"No I said you think you look hot. Fucking idiot" She lied firmly only making JJ roll his eyes and the others laugh as she walked up the stairs.

"Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy" he said grabbing something from the van.

"Professional idiot" Esperanza said as she turned and waited for them.

"So, where are going now" Pope said ignoring the girls comment.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ said leading them through the hotel until they got into a room with computers pulling up a google earth and typing in a location. Esperanza sat by the door away from the others waiting for them to get done.

"Boom, continental shelf right there." John b said getting excited which made Esperanza walk over.

"Well, if it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?" Pope said looking up on John b. He turned back to the computer. Nine hundred. Nine hundred feet.

"Shit, it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet." John b said.

"That's not too deep" JJ said finally spoke up.

"Is that doable or something" John B asks looking up at JJ.

"Totally doable" JJ said earning stupid looks from all his friends.

"Are you a Professional mermaid too?" Esperanza said looking at him like he was a dumbass.

"I'm sorry. Will we be taking your personal submarine?" Pope said looking at him the same way.

"Dude. I want a submarine." Esperanza said distractedly.

"How do you know this mr. Dive master" John b said looking at JJ.

"The salvage yard. They got a drone that can drop 1,000. It has a 360 camera and everything. It's for, like, deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need." JJ said.

"Can your dad get his grimy little hands on it?" John b asked turning to JJ.

"My dads grimy little hands got his ass fired." JJ said looking back up at John B,"I guess the salvage captain frowns on showing up shitfaced, turns out. But the drone's there. It's in the impound yard out back."

"How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant again?" Kiara asked the group.

"Four million?" Esperanza questioned.

"Four hundred." JJ answered.

"Four hundred. Million. Dollars?" Kiara asked again getting out of her seat, Esperanza following after, as Pope ran to the door trying to stop them.

"Pope. Move" Esperanza said before throwing him out of the way.

"Can't we do something legal for money. And you are way to strong for a cheerleader" Pope said following after them.

"Captain." Esperanza corrected. The group going back to van going who knows where.