1.21 Cookies and Handcuffs

Esperanza decided to stay home with her mom after last nights activities. Her and her mom needed some bonding.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Back at Heywards JJ kie and Pope were all talking about it.

"I mean Es was badass. Like she pulled a gun on Rafe and Kelce to save you JJ" Kie said trying to get JJ to slip up.

"Hell yeah. That was extremely Hot" he said laughing.

"Yeah but how do you think that's affecting her. She didn't even wanna come outside today. She's probably still in bed. And besides I almost died" Pope said still freaking out.

"Don't let it get in your head. Three of them and two of us. That's typical Kook shit right there." JJ said to Pope.

"Hell yeah" kie said agreeing with JJ.

"Speaking of. What was your thought process, using your head?" JJ asks Pope wanting to know what he was thinking.

"I don't know, man. I just kind of acted off instinct." Pope said looking up at JJ.

"Yes. I was cornered" JJ said agreeing with him.

"Hey, Pope, someone here to see you." Heyward said as he Walked into the store. An officer walking behind him. The three teens mentally freaking out.

"Evenin' Officer?" Pope says confused.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." Shoupe said walking up to pope and holding up a paper.

"What?"

"Hands where i can see em" shoupe said before moving Kie out the way.

"Whoa. Shoupe, what'd he do?" Heyward said. Still freaking out.

"Just look at the warrant"

"You're arresting him? You're just arresting my boy?" Heyward asks shoupe as he put handcuffs around pope. Everyone yelling at him as he was walked to the car.

"It wasnt him"
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Esperanza and her mom were having fun as they were baking cookies. And by that. They were throwing flour and sugar everywhere making a mess as they were laughing.

"te quiero mija" Her mother said hugging her daughter.

"Yo tambien te amo mamá" Esperanza said laughing.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"It wasn't him! It was me." JJ called out taking the blame for Pope,"He tried to talk me out of it, but I was mad because he'd just been beaten up and Rafe cheated on the girl i love. I was so sick of those assholes from Figure Eight that I lost my shit. I can't let you take the blame for somethin' I did. You've got too much to lose."

"JJ, what are you doing?" Pope said confused at the boy.

"I'm tellin' the truth. For once in my goddamn life, I'm gonna tell the truth. I took his old man's boat, too." He says still lying.

"What the hell"

"JJ come on"

"Just shut up, Pope! Just shut up. He's a good kid. You know where I'm from." JJ continued. Earning a yeah from Shoupe. "This was all me."

"That's the whole truth?" The officer asked turning to Pope.

"Whole truth, swear to God." JJ said holding his right hand up.

"I know what you think, damn it, I'm asking Pope." The officer snapped at JJ. Pope looks over to JJ who just nods his head at Pope.

"Yeah, that about covers it." Pope says looking down at the ground. The officers took the cuffs off Pope and put them off JJ.

"Kie. Tell Es im sorry about Last night and what she had to do for me. That I love her." he said as the cops pulled him away. JJ got into the cop car. As they drove away Pope threw his cap on the ground angrily before Kie took off running.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
The two girls were now sitting on the couch laughing and going through Old baby photos and photos of Esperanza's dad.

"Remember my 10th birthday when he shoved the cake in your face?" Esperanza laughed turning to her mom. Her mom laughing and nodding her head. There was a knock on the door. Confused Esperanza got up to get open it. Revealing a freaking out Kiara.

"Calm down Kie. What happened." She asks pulling kie into a hug.

"JJ just got arrested" Kie said as Esperanza pulled away.

"What do you mean he got arrested what the fuck did he even do?" She asks starting to freak out.

"They came to arrest Pope. But JJ took the blame so Pope wouldn't lose his scholarship. He told me to tell you that he's sorry for what you had to do for him and he loves you." Kie said looking at the girl who was now crying.

"Kie his dads gonna kill him. They can't afford Bail so he could be left there! He can't be left there. I need him!" the girl cried into kies arm. Her mom watching everything from the couch. Feeling bad for not knowing what to do.