1.14 Fantasy or Reality

The Pouges were all inside the Twinkie. Esperanza held an excited smile. "Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it." John b said reassuring Pope.

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality." Pope said randomly.

"Did you come up with that?" John B asks Pope.

"Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing." Pope said and then asks the other four what they think. Esperanza didn't know what to think. She thought that it might be a reality but she honestly didn't know.

"Drásticas palabras tomadas de un mundo maníaco,
¿Has oído que lo que imprimen está etiquetado en ti?
Ya se terminó,
Cuando el sol comienza a salir,
El mundo del mañana
Siempre olvida al hombre que muere." Esperanza said the Spanish rolling off of her tongue.

"Fucking weirdo" JJ mumbled with a smile on his face. He loved it when she spoke Spanish.

"You're one to talk fucking dickhead" She said as she rolled on top of him, only to look up to see Kiara gone.

"Why does she get to do the flirting and I'm stuck baby sitting?" Esperanza asked.

"Because we need you." John B assured her.

"Alright lets go" John B said getting out of the car. They made their way behind something.

"How's it going with Kiara?" JJ asked turning to john B.

"It's not awkward, weird, or anything." John B said looking at JJ.

"Qué mierda hiciste idiota?" Esperanza said smacking John B upside his head.

"Huh?" John b said looking at me.

"What the fuck did you do, Idiot" she said smacking him again for effect.

"He kissed her" JJ blurted out.

"That's why you're my favorite" she said smacking JJ's cheek supportively, it reminded her a lot like a grandmother. She had met the grandmother on her father's side. She loved her. Though Elena's parents were a mystery. She never talked about them."wait, So you broke your most important rule? Does that mean we get to?" She asked looking at John B. Pope and JJ turned to her out of confusion.

"Sure that's why he's your favorite little wolf. And no one actually cares about that rule" John B said laughing, making Esperanza fake gasp.

"I have honored that rule since the beginning JB." Esperanza said clutching her heart for the dramatics making the boys laugh.

"Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me." JJ said turning back to Kiara.

"What?" John b asks.

"I was 100 percent sure she was into you. Pope would agree." JJ confesses.

"And what about you and-" John B began to say before JJ so rudely interrupted him.

"So, like, Kie, she, like, definitely gave you the Heisman?" He says to John B. Esperanza tilted her head slightly, confused.

"Oh, no question. Yup." John B confessed.

"Maybe she's just into somebody else." Pope said loud causing the three all turn back to him.

"Wait. Did you call her little wolf, earlier?" JJ said turning back to John B. Esperanza gave JJ a weird look on his late reaction.

"I don't understand why I couldn't help Kie."

"You can't flirt. That's why." John B said to me.

"It's not hard. Rough up the hair perk up the boobs and smile seductively." Esperanza said whilst doing just that as JJ stared at her in what seemed to be awe,"What?"

"Nothing." He said shaking his head softly.

"Go, go ,go ,go." Esperanza suddenly said rushing them towards the impound. JJ ran to push the numbers in,"Do you have the right numbers?" She turned asking him. Hearing the beeping that's indicates he got the numbers wrong.

"All right, so I might have the wrong numbers." He said turning around.

"Move. I gotta do everything around here" Esperanza said pushing JJ out of the way and grabbing the lock.

"What are you doing?" JJ asks me.

"I'm breaking the lock dumbass" she said before a dog started barking. JJ and Pope taking off running getting the dog away from us,"that was so close dude" she told John B before grabbing a metal pole and smashing it against the lock as John B stared in shock.

"How did you-" John B started before she cut him off by grabbing his hand and running inside.

Shit Esperanza. Just tell him. He's your brother.

"It was a weak lock. Hey uhh John B" she started as he looked at her. Breath,"while we look for this can we talk about someone" she asked him while looking down at her shoes.

"Of course. What's up" He said looking away from her,"found it. Lets talk on the way back to the van" He said grabbing her wrist and dragging her out. Breath.

"Ok well its about this boy i like really super duper like. But I don't know how he feels about me and i don't wanna mess it up. Ya know" she said as we walked out back.

"Well i think he's stupid if he doesn't like you. You are my favorite little sister. Besides. I know someone who does." He says,"but so i can tell him about his stupidity. What's this guy like?" He says suspiciously.

"He's a lot like me. Pogue. Of course. Gorgeous baby blue eyes like the ocean waves. John B i could get lost in them forever and enjoy every second of it. His hair is sandy blonde like the beach. And oh my god JJ's smile is the best thing about him." She said realizing she said JJ's name and gasping as she covered her own mouth, "Oh... John B you cant say anything please. Im serious" she said shaking him.

"Okay" he said laughing at her. Esperanza stared at him anxiously before doing the only thing she knew what to do in that situation.

"Promise?" Esperanza said as she lifted up her index and ring fingers from a fist, kissed her fingers and stuck it up. He laughed and did the same.

"Promise." He said smiling at her.

"Thank you so much John B! That means a lot" she said giving him a big hug.

"So you're like obsessed with-" John B started before Esperanza interrupted him.

"Finish that sentence and it will be the last sentence you will ever say before i rip your vocal cords out and hang them on my wall" She said patting his back and opening the car door making John B laugh,"Thank you"

"Hey. Umm look. Just talk to him about it. He likes you. I promise. He'd do anything for you. What's that dumb thing you guys always say to each other? Whatever it takes?" He said smiling at her one last time before entering the car. Kiara soon coming and getting in the passenger. A few moments later Pope runs into the car too. Esperanza picked up JJ's joint and went to put it in the cup holder whenever he opened the door.

"Dude man. I just got caught by Bobby. But he let me go cause i blamed it on my dad" JJ said panting as he climbed in the van and gasped,"is that my Joint. I thought it was gone. You're literally the best, Esperanza" JJ said grabbing it away from her, he lit it and took a hit. Woah. The way the smoke comes out. Shit im staring again.

"Let's go get some food" Esperanza said turning away from JJ as everyone agreed.