1.38 Confessions and Grass Blades

"Pope, you clocked that car, man." JJ laughed as he took a hit of his blunt, Esperanza sitting with her arms crossed in the front seat as Pope drove,"Like, that was so bad!"

"I'm just glad I'm not driving now." Pope said as he and JJ laughed.

"Pull over." Esperanza said looking at him before turning back to JJ who was laughing, his laughing ceased immediately,"JJ, it's not funny. He shouldn't be driving. Get in the front." She told him before getting out of the car.

"Mamas mad." JJ said before crawling upfront as Esperanza got back into the car to drive off,"What are you...Where are we goin'?"

"The last place their gonna look." Esperanza said driving away from the side of the road.

The group pulls up to Sarah's house as JJ turned to Esperanza giving her a 'Why are we here' look. Esperanza sent the group a reassuring smile.

"Perfectly focused." Pope mumbled still very high

"You sure this is a good idea?" JJ asked his girlfriend.

"She's the only one who can clear John B." Esperanza told him.

"Last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." JJ mumbled under his breath as Esperanza, Kie, and Pope climb over the gate.

"Heard that." Esperanza said to him with a glare."Okay, I've got a plan." Esperanza said to the two.

"Yeah, I have plans. We can do plan. Let's do the plan thing. Let's get it. Let's plan it out." Pope said highly to the girls.

"Can you handle a plan right now?" Esperanza asked him in a warning tone.

"Course I can handle a plan right now. I'm... I'm Plan Guy. I'm...I'm Mister Plan-o-Matic. Hey, I'm... I'm always..." He said to the girls before starting to Rap,"Thinkin' of a master plan, aye! 'Cause there ain't nothin'...."

"Sh! Sh, sh!" Kie said shoving her hand over Pope's mouth.

"Kie, let me..." Pope said, his voice muffled.

"Look, this is a quiet plan. Okay?" Kie said to him.

"Mm. Mm!" Pope groaned through kids hand.

"Can I move my hand?" Can I move my hand? Kie asked as Pope gave a simple head nod.

Kie removing her hand as Pope sighs,"I love you, Kie."

"Bitch-" Esperanza said in shock.

"What?" Kie asked as the two girls stood there shocked.

"I love you. I'm in love with you." Pope repeated to her.

"You're wasted." Kie dismissed.

"No, I know I'm wasted, and that's why I'm saying this now. I really feel like this. I love you." Pope reassured her, "I've been meaning to tell you, I love-"

"Are we doing this right now?" Kie interrupted feeling uncomfortable in the situation.

"I'm trying to tell you how I feel." Pope pleaded with her.

"Pope... Pope! Pope! Pope! Pope, sh!" Kie shushed him.

"Hey, I'm tryin' to tell you, I love you." Pope said in a begging tone.

"First of all, I need you to be quiet." Kie said to him in a hushed tone.

"Okay, yeah. Quiet, I mean..." Pope repeated.

"No. Stop talking, like, now." Kie said to him since it didn't register the first few times from him being high.

"Starting now." Pope nodded at her, glancing between her and Esperanza.

"Second of all... thank you for saying that." She said smiling softly at him.

Pope chuckles,"Okay..."

"Now, that's very sweet, but it's... Look, it's not gonna happen." Kie said trying not to sound harsh.

"Okay, well, why not?" Pope asked her, as Esperanza backed away from the two, not wanting to interfere in their business.

"Um- chile. Anyways. That's a nice blade of grass right there. Imma give it to JJ." She said crouching down to look at the grass awkwardly.

"Because Pogues can't mack on other Pogues." Kie said to him.

"That rule doesn't make sense, and nobody follows it. Look at Es and JJ." Pope recalled pointing at Esperanza .

"Don't bring me and him into this." Esperanza said to him, before turning away to look awkwardly at the blade of grass,"I like this blade of grass. That's a nice blade of grass. Guys look at how nice this blade of grass is. It's nice and - er -green..."

"Look, I... I want something different."

"Okay." Pope nodded.

"I... I... I wanna go to Antarctica, and I wanna ride camels..." Kie said to him, smiling as she thought about her future.

"I want to do those things with you." Pope pleaded with her.

"No. Pope, it's not gonna work." Kie tried saying to him softly.

"I want to be that person." Pope said, begging Kie.

"No. It's not gonna happen! Do you understand what I'm saying? Like..." Kie said to him a little harsher to get her point across, "Look, I know that that's really hard to hear right now, but we don't have time for this, and this is a really bad place to do it."

"Are you okay?" Esperanza asked Pope as tears brimmed his eyes.

"Yeah." Pope said to her as he wiped away his tears.

"Are you ready for the plan, or..." Esperanza asked softly.

"Yeah." Pope replied avoiding eye contact with the girls.

"Okay." Esperanza smiled awkwardly before he walked away leaving the girls to exchange horrified looks.

The girls climbed into Sarah's roof and up to her window. The girls knowing exactly where to go since they used to be friends. The girls tapping lightly onto her window.

"Kie! Es!" Sarah whispered shouted as she saw her two best friends. The girls trying to open the window but seeing it wouldn't move.

"Shit." Esperanza cursed as Kie sighed before Esperanza held up the wanted poster. Sarah covering her mouth in shock.

"Are you in on it?" Kie asked Sarah not wanting to think she was.

"Did you think I was?" Sarah asked the girls as she shook her head.

"No." Esperanza said in relief as a small smile came into her face.

"Sarah! Sarah! Sarah?" The girls heard ward shout as he walked up the steps.

"Go!" Sarah said rushing the girls away not wanting them to get caught.

The girls climbed off the roof and back over the gate seeing that Pope was already in the boat upset. JJ let out a deep breath of relief as he saw Esperanza. Running up and hugging her tightly as a small smile grew on her face. Pope and Kie watching from behind them as they looked genuinely happy for the first time that day.

"I was worried Ward would catch you guys and hurt you." JJ said to her.

"Of course we didn't get caught. Who do you think your talking about." Esperanza laughed before handing him a blade of grass,"Don't ask. I'm not ready to talk about it." JJ laughed at her quietly as he stuck it in his pocket, glancing at his girlfriend who looked like she had seen a ghost.

"I love you." JJ said to her. She smiled and held up a heart with her fingers and sent him a kiss.