1.19 Deny Deny Deny

A few hours later, Esperanza had walked into JJ's backyard. she realized he was shooting a teddy bear. She sneaked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"What was that? That's what i thought man" JJ said shooting the bear in the stomach before realizing Esperanza was there. And he put the gun down and turned around to face her wrapping his arms around her too.

"Hey you." she said softly as they smiled towards each other.

"Hey you." he said back to her. There it was. The light. It was barely there but he could kinda see it. "Want to shoot?"

Esperanza looked back at the gun and nodded. "Yeah sure." JJ grabbed her hand and spun her around so that she was facing the bear. He put the gun in his hand. Before he could stop himself, his eyes scanned down her body. It was an involuntary action. Esperanza Mendoza was in his arms, and though it happens quite often, this time felt different. "Like this?" She asked turning her head slightly as she looked at him using her peripheral vision.

"Yeah. You kinda wanna- yeah. Just like that." He said in a quiet voice. "And then pull the trigger."

Esperanza's finger squeezed the trigger easily. JJ jaw had dropped in shock when he looked up from Esperanza and at the bear. She had shot the stuffed bear square in the head. Esperanza turned her full body to face him. "How'd I do?" She asked with a sly smile.

"You've done this before, haven't you." JJ asked her. She chuckled softly.

"Maybe once or twice with my dad." She answered,"Although I didn't want to miss a chance on you feeling me up." She said teasingly.

"JJ. Es" Pope yelled running around the corner. Causing the two to pull apart from each other and look at the shocked boy.

"Oh my gosh. What is it now Pope?" Esperanza rolled her eyes at the boy.

"They know"

"What?"

"Who knows Pope?"

"They know."

"All right, chill, bro. All right? They don't know shit." JJ said grabbing Pope's arm realizing he was talking about Topper.

"Topper knows I sunk his boat." Pope says still freaking out.

"How do you know they know" JJ asks pope.

"Because Rafe and Topper posted outside of Heyward's and mad dogged me." He said of course still freaking out.

"Will you calm down and get a grip, man? They don't know shit." JJ said trying to calm the boy down.

"They have cameras. They could've seen me." He says still freaking out.

"There was no power. How could they have seen you?" Esperanza says finally putting herself in the conversation.

"It's Figure Eight. They got generators. They don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats. It's not a good look on my transcript." Pope says rambling and freaking out before Esperanza slapped him causing Pope and JJ to look at her in complete utter shock.

"Shit. Sorry Pope it was instinct cause of JJ" she says trying not to laugh.

"Enough with the regret, bro! They caved your face in." JJ said finally snapping at the boy.

"They hit us, we hit them. It's the law of the jungle." Esperanza says placing a hand on both boys shoulders.

"Now, if any Kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to 'em, look 'em right in the eye, and..." JJ says waiting for pope to answer it for him.

"Deny the living shit out of it."

"That's right. Deny Deny Deny" Esperanza says using JJ's lingo.

"That's my thing" JJ says looking at the girl in disbelief.

"Not anymore lover boy" she said laughing not even realizing what she said. JJ widened his eyes but then dismissed it. He was used to the pet names. This one didn't mean anything. Right?

"But just for safety, we don't go anywhere without protection." He says trying to ignore the comment.

"Right" Pope says nodding,"So can i hang out with you guys" Pope says asking the two.

"Sure bro"

"Fucking hell no"

The boys turned to look at girl. Both shocked and confused.

"Guys I'm kidding. Of course you can Pope." She said laughing. It's not like she wanted a private moment with JJ to talk about her feelings incase he didn't feel the same way."Don't be so serious.."

"What happened to your hand?" Pope said looking down at her hand that was wrapped in ace bandages.

"I wrestled a shark." She said sarcastically.

"No you didn't you'd be dead." Pope said to her.

"Oh my god it's sarcasm idiot." Esperanza said rolling her eyes.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
Another not very long chapter. But i wanted this to be here. I guess but that's basically another on the inside of their 'relationship'