1.9 Square Groupers

The group of kids stood staring at the compass. Esperanza's thoughts were running wild. That definitely wasn't there before. That was something she would've remembered.

"What's that?" Kiara said looking at John B. Esperanza moved slightly so that she had a better view of what she was looking at.

"That wasn't there before" John B said confused,"that's my dads handwriting"

"How do you know" JJ turned to ask John B.

"I think he would know his father's hand writing.." Esperanza said looking at JJ.

"Because he does these weird Rs with the... See it?" John b said pointing at the R.

"Red...? Rout..? No i think that's an A" JJ said trying to read it.

"It says Red Field" Kiara said.

"Right" JJ said as Esperanza rubbed his back reassuringly.

"Ok so what's Red Field?" Esperanza asked the group.

"Only the most popular name in the county." Pope answered

"I know that." She said with a sharp glare. That time it was JJ who was rubbing Esperanza's back. "I meant What does it mean to John B."

After a few minutes of them talking about this Esperanza saw something move out the corner of her eye. Turning towards it seeing the 2 people who shot her. The 2 people who harrassed Ms Lana.

"Guys someones here" they ignored her.

"JJ!" His head snapped over to Esperanza the second his name left her mouth,"they're here!" she said a little louder getting everyone's attention as she started to hyperventilate. They all looked out the window.

"Is that them?" Kiara said turning to Esperanza who was having trouble breathing.

"No." JJ said is disbelief.

"Are those the people who shot Es?" Kie asked louder this time.

"Yes." JJ said as Esperanza calmed down.

"JJ." She said turning to the freaking out blonde boy,"JJ." she said grabbing the Blonde boys hands so he would look at her,"Where's the gun?"

"Gun? I, uh, I can't..." He said still freaking out.

"Now you don't have the gun? The one time we need the gun?" Kiara said freaking out.

"It was in my backpack, and then I..." JJ said freaking out even more.

"Backpack..?...On the porch?" She said to JJ.

"Its on the porch... You're a genius baby." JJ said before running out.

"I know." she said simply. Kiara just stared at her with a smile. Seconds later JJ ran back into the room.

"The gun?" John B asked impatiently.

"They're on the porch" JJ said freaking out.

"Shit" Esperanza said running around the room hyperventilating again. She could feel her lungs filling up air, but the air would not come out.

"Where you at boy"

Esperanza ran to the door to help John B keep it shut still having breathing troubles as the others opened the window,"This is just like criminal minds. Well kind of." Esperanza whispered to him.

"We really don't have the time for your TV references Es." John B muttered softly.

"It's painted shut" JJ freaked out some more.

"Here i got it" kiara said grabbing a screw driver. Esperanza flashed John B a feared look. He hates seeing her this way. He hates seeing her scared. She's his sister and he just wants to protect her. John B reached out to hold Esperanza's hand in attempt to calm her down. It worked but just barely.

"Kie hurry up" Pope called out now helping Esperanza and John B keep the door shut.

"I'm going as fast as I can" Kiara yelled back.

"Shh. Be quiet" John B shushed them holding his hands over Esperanza's mouth. They're at the door.

Kiara was finishing up with the window when they started to kick the door. Esperanza ran over to the window. Gunshot. Esperanza whipped her head around to look at the door as she fell against the wall panting.

Esperanza and the others were freaking out on the boat after noticing they were being followed. Esperanza worriedly looking at JJ as everyone ducked. Esperanza looking around at the boat to see why they were ducking before hearing a gunshot and feeling it barely enter her skin as she fell to the ground.

Kiara finished with the window seal and pulled it up. The boys making the hyperventilating girl get out first before Kiara and making their grand escape. JJ grabbed Esperanza and led her to the chicken coop. And they all climbed in. Esperanza and Kiara sobbing. John b holding onto kiara's hand and Esperanza held her head in JJ's chest as she cried silently. The square groupers came back out the front of the chateau with crates full of john bs stuff. One of them had heard the rooster and started to head towards the coop. Freaking out Esperanza grabs the rooster trying to calm it.

"Fuck!" Esperanza screamed out in pain as they fired more bullets. JJ stared at the girl wide eyed as Kie got up and threw the net over board. JJ and John B rushing over to her.

Unaware of the fact she held it so tightly on its neck. She could in fact feel the heart beat. Holding tighter and tighter. As the beating got slower. Thump. Thump...Thump.....Thump.......until all together it stopped. Completely. As soon as she realized what she did. She couldn't stop sobbing. Grabbing the dead rooster from her hand and pulling her into him, JJ held onto her until he saw the people leave. Esperanza crawled out first she couldn't stop thinking about what she did to that poor rooster. JJ came up and hugged her from the back as he rested his chin on her head holding her until she calmed down.

"JJ.." she cried into his arms as he held her closer,"Im a sociopath. I-im going to be a serial killer. Im gonna be the female Ted Bundy."

"You are nothing like that Esperanza Mendoza." JJ said kissing her head,"You are the kindest person I know and my best friend."

"You mean that?" Esperanza asked him softly.

"Of course." JJ said to her with a soft smile, he looked down at the red lights and pressed stop recording,"Besides. Ted Bundy?"

"You know what I meant." She said. "I panicked."