Chapter 1

Y/n Pov:
"Y/n hurry up, you're gonna be late!!!" I heard my mom shout, through the corridor. Today i'm going on a plane to Japan. I decided that I'm gonna be an exchange student. This is an opportunity for a new beggining, and I definitely need it. "I'm coming!!!" I shout back, closing my suitcase and grabbing my backpack.

I exit my room, and close the door. I don't think I'll miss this house. I think to myself before going downstairs, where my mom was already waiting for me. We got in the car and drove to the airport. I'm a bit nervous because its my first time on a plane alone. And besides that, what if my host family doesn't like me. What if my classmates are not gonna like me. What if i'm gonna be alone the entire year and this going to be hell. I shake off my thoughts and get out of the car. I grab my suitcase from the trunk and hug my mom. I wish my dad could be here. I think to myself. My dad is always busy since he owns a business. And don't get me wrong, I'm happy for his acheivements but sometimes I wish he would come home more often. I barely see him, I'll see him twice a week if I'm lucky.

And with that I began walking to the entrance. I stepped in and looked around. I saw families that were probably going on vacation, people with their earbuds in, looking at the floor waiting, couples holding hands and sitting next to each other happy that they're together, and then I saw confused people just like me that were looking around not really knowing what to do. After a minute of thinking, I figured it was best to go and do what I suposed to, then I can walk around the airport and wait until its time to go on the plane.

After I left my luggage and got through security, I decided to go to a caffe and wait until its time for boarding. I sat down at a table and ordered a bottle of water. I scrolled through instagram, texted some friends and soon enogh it was time to go to the gate.

I got on the plane and walked through the roads trying to find A16. After I found it I realized I had the window seat "great, just great" I thought to myself. Usually I wouldn't mind, but if I needed to go to the bathroom I would have to socialize, and that's not something I would like to do right now.

I sat in my seat and put my earbuds in, soon enough sleep took over me. I could barely hear the music in my ears but nothing else.

I woke up to someone tapping me on the shoulder. "Tsk, brat get up." I opened my eyes only to realize that I fell asleep on someone's shoulder. I looked at the boy. He had black hair and an undercut, he didn't show much emotion, well except annoyance. He had gray eyes with a bit of blue. "Can you stop staring." "Y-yeah, I'm sorry." I said trying to gather my words. "Tsk." I heard him say after getting up and going to the exit of the plane. After that I did the same and before I knew it there I was, in Japan, all alone.

After I got my luggage, I went through some big doors that led me to the place where everybody waits for their family with flowers. I looked around and saw people holding papers with names written on them. I looked for mine, and then I saw a brown haired man holding a paper that said Y/n L/n on it. I walked towards him dragging my suit case behind me. He grabbed my bags and said "Hello, I'm Grisha Jaegar, and I'm assuming you're Y/n. Nice to meet you." I smiled and said "Nice to meet you, mr. Jaegar"

We walked out of the airport and got in his car. "Okay Y/n, so I must tell you, I have two kids. Mikasa and Eren. They're both very sweet and I think you'll like them a lot." He said with an excited tone and a smile on his face. "I can't wait to meet them" I said excited. The rest of the ride was silent, but it didn't take long for us to come to a stop. After Mr. Jaegar parked the car he turned to me and said "This is the house you'll be living in! What do you think about it?" "I really like it, it seems nice and peacefull" I said looking at the house which wasn't very big, but I didn't mind.

I got my luggage from the back and Mr. Jaegar opened the door. I stepped inside and was immediately greeted by two kids. A boy with brown hair and green eyes. He seemed about the same age as me and he was taller. Next to him was a girl with black hair and a red scarf around her neck. She didn't smile but she wasn't sad, she was just calm. "Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Y/n!" "Hii, I'm Eren, and this is Mikasa" he said with a smile on his face and pointing at him then at the girl. "Y/n, you'll be sharing a room with Mikasa, since Eren is a boy, I can't have you two share a room. I hope you don't mind." Mr. Jaegar said calmly. "Of course I don't, I bet me and Mikasa will become good friends." I smiled and looked at the black haired girl, she just nodded and led me to her room. It was already pretty late so I just put my bags next to my bed and changed in some comfy clothes. "Hey, Mikasa I'm going to sleep if you don't mind, so goodnight." I said with a tired voice and got in bed. "Goodnight, Y/n." Were the only words I heard before falling into a deep sleep.

A/N: Hii guys, this is the first chapter, I hope you like it, I'm sorry if i made any grammar mistakes, but i gotta say english is not my first language so please feel free to point out any mistakes.

From Lin, to reader-chan♥️