Chapter 15 ~• A Quest For Truth

Chapter 15

         A Quest For Truth

"Man is always a situation where he has to carry out an instruction of Allah, or avoid something which Allah has prohibited, or accept something that Allah has decreed. In all cases, he has to face the situation with patience and gratitude. Carrying out Allah's instructions is gratitude, and abstaining from prohibited things and being content with the decree of Allah constitutes patience."

~Imam Ibn Al Qayyim

****

"Hey crazy girl, don't say like that.It's not that difficult to see each other in the future. I've given you my new address you can write to me any time you want. Once you have your permanent address in the city I'll try to visit you.If not,we'll atleast stay in touch in sha Allah."

The moments of partition were all about vows and promises and of never forgetting each other.

Even though they were living in the moment of flex and uncertainty, positivity never departed them.

May be that's what life is. With the end of every chapter comes a new beginning but which chapter is going to be the last chapter? And what does this chapter has in store for you? Is all that makes one nervous.

But when you have Allah with you, even those situation which might seem gloomy and worst will only bring hope and comfort to you.And that's what a believer should be, a hopeful comfort in the midst of commitments and chaos of everyday life.

~•~•~

Hera woke up groggily in confusion, and then the morning's mood took over her,staring blankly at the closed door and recalling the events of last evening.

She went outside.The sun was clear bright and golden as a fried egg,and the sky a piercing flawless blue. As usual,those beedy-eyed ruffians,the crows were everywhere,and from the bushes somewhere, a crow-pheasant whooped ghoulishly.

She felt like going traipsing around to peer at birds. Spending some time observing and reflecting on the nature,she proceeded to the kitchen where Sahra was making breakfast.
She stood silently leaning heavily against the wall.

"Are you not feeling well?"Asked Sahra.

"No, in fact, I am not feeling quite the thing."

" Hello's and goodbye's are part of the life you must learn to accept it Hera".She smiled at her and turned on the grinder.

"I accept only those things which are clear to me and reject those which are not Known".

Sahra looked at her for a while and presumed to do her work. Hera waited for her response but there was none. She was about to return when Sahra called her.

"Ustadh Abdullah is coming today to meet you."

"Any special reason"? She somewhat knew what his purpose could be but perhaps she wanted to confirm her hunches.

"It's about your trip to the city.You two will be leaving in a month in Sha Allah.He will be with you until every formality of the college is completed." And there was actually a kind of complaisant satisfaction in her tone.

"I'll try to come home early from the school to help you with the packing and day after tomorrow we can visit the market so that you can buy the stuff which you need". She continued.

Hera nodded her head in agreement, mentally thinking about the score she had to settle before packing her stuff.

"Don't forget to go to Eisha's home". Said Sahra as she carried an aluminium lunch box to put it in her bag.