Chapter 17:

"Where were you?"

He sighed

"Seriously, where you trying to avoid me?" Joey asked, a sadness to his voice .

"No!" Corey snapped "I wasnt okay?" He sighed painfully and rolled his eyes at himself for just being so ridiculous.

"Where were you?" Joey sighed.

Corey rolled his eyes before snapping again "I was sleeping off a hangover okay?" He immediately regretted it as Joeys eyes looked down.

"How much did you drink?" Joey asked his heart beating speeding up as to whether corey really liked him or not.

"It wasnt to do with alcohol..." corey said quietly

"Drugs?"

"It was some speed." Corey shrugged as if he didn't care when he really did far too much "big fucking deal."

"Corey what the fuck?!" Joey yelled "when?" He needed to know if it was because of him.

"After the party." Corey blinked at him "it had nothing to do with you, I dont know why you're getting so pissy." Corey rolled his eyes.

That hurt Joey, he had no idea why Corey was being so...mean. He understood being hungover but Corey seemed so angry.

"When you kissed me did you mean it?" Joey asked, his heart in his throat.

Corey went bright red and scratched the back of his head.

Joey looked at him.

"I did." Corey said shrugging before chuckling sadly "but Joey, if you dont feel anything. I completely understand."

"I did." Joey said almost immediately

"You did hmm?" corey chuckled sadly

Joey faltered "you seem sad..."

"I'm just tired." Corey smiled softly at him, a smile so false that it pained Joey.

Joey sighed "we do need to talk about this." He looked up at Corey "you know that right? We can't just leave it..."

"I'm aware." Corey said

Joey looked up at him "we ment something when we kissed each other...so..."

"Joey...I know where you're going with this. And uh...wow. how do I say this...? I dont think it would be good. I just...yeah."

"Why?" Joey asked immediately.

"Well theres lot of reasons...bullies-"

"I'll get Shawn to take care of them!" Joey rebuttaled.

"Okay...but what about Samantha?" Corey asked raising his eyebrow "she's a lovely girl."

"I'll tell her I'm gay!" Joey said "I will!"

"And you're friends?"

"Ill tell them they either accept us or lose me!"

"And your mom?"

"She doesnt need to know." Joey said "I'd love her too but she'd never accept me."

"And what about me?" Corey asked sadly

"What?"

"Me Joey. Unstable, angry me?" He asked "I'm a freak, I don't wanna drag you down."

"I'd accept you."

"But-"

"Not buts."

Corey blinked at him "are you sure you enjoyed it...I mean I know you drank I wouldn't have wanted to make you feel uncomfortable..." Corey trailed off