Chapter 38:

Corey sighed "what do you want now?"

Joey stood there "I'm coming in."

"No!" Corey said

"Corey whatever you've got to hide. We'll work through this together..."

Corey looked away "I cant Joey."

"Corey what's happened?"

"I'm fine-"

"Dont lie to me...I saw the bottles..."

Corey sighed "come in."

Joey walked in as corey gestured towards the seat.

"Corey what's wrong?" Joey asked

"Nothing." corey said angrily as he went to walk off

Joey quickly grabbed his wrist

"No!" He said firmly

"Joey...let go!"

"No, we need to talk." Joey said "you lying to me isn't doing any good."

"Fine! But let go!"

"Corey-"

"Let me the fuck go!" Corey screamed

Joey did holding his hands up to mock innocence

Corey rubbed his wrist "never fucking do that again! Okay?"

"Jesus okay." Joey said

Corey rolled his eyes. He looked even more upset as Joey swallowed down the bad feeling.

"What do you even want?" Corey eventually asked. Still not letting go.

Joey sat down and looked up at him "why did you drink and blow off our date?"

"I'm sorry." Corey shrugged

"Dont shrug me off!" Joey shouted "talk to me."

"I dont want to."

"Please. I just want to help you feel better."

"I dont know-"

"I love you!" Joey said "let me help."

Corey cringed "I feel bad..."

"What do you mean?" Joey asked

Corey played with his curls "I feel so bad, so ugly. Inside and out..."

"Corey..."

"Dont even tell me I'm not!" Corey said "please...I'm..let me be ugly. I'm always going to be ugly."

"What?!"

"I wash and I wash and I wash but the stains never come off. I cant get them off. They never go away i want to scream and cry and die! I want to die joey! All these thoughts in my head. All these stupid scars. I'm so ugly!""

"Oh." Joey didnt know how to reply "but you're not ugly. Please corey...you're not. You know you're not."

"Shut up!" corey said "dont Joey....dont...please.. let me be on my own...let me hurt..let me be ugly."

"Why cant you see you're not?" Joey asked "you're clearly perfect."

"I-im anything but." Corey shook his head

"Is that why...?"

"Not really." Corey sighed "i didnt mean to get drunk...it didnt mean to oversleep. It's just so hard at the moment you know?"

"I dont..." Joey said

"I'm dealing with so much. Memories, triggers, nightmares, wanting to relapse so bad...last night...I almost did it.. I almost went through with it...again..."