Chapter 19:

Paul walked over to him as Joey rolled his eyes.

"Hey."

"What do you want?" Joey snapped sitting at the canteen table on his own Stabbing the overboiled pasta that the canteen was serving.

"We're still friends right?" Paul asked. Joey looked up scanning his face. It was Paul after all...

Joey sighed before nodding "yeah."

Paul sat down opposite him. "I'm sorry about shawn. Hes just freaked out. He sees you as kind of well a son, but a daughter if that makes sense?"

"No." Joey said stabbing a carrot just to prove how mad he was "it doesnt."

"Well it's like how we see each other as brothers."

"Yeah but I'm not a girl!" Joey snapped

Paul sighed "he does see you as a guy, a son, but he protects you like a dad would his daughter. I guess he is a natural father figure and you shouldn't take it for granted joe." Paul tried to explain.

"I'm not but I also actually like my boyfriend and I think I actually know him a little better than you guys do considering I spend time with him instead of judging him."

"I know." Paul sighed "we just dont want you getting hurt you know. In anyway."

Joey smiled softly "i know paul. I know." He looked up "but the thing is..." Joey sighed

"What?"

"I'll probely hurt him a lot more before he hurts me." Joey cringed at his words knowing them to be true.

"The notebook?"

"The notebook." Joey nodded

"Damm." Paul said, it's all he could, he had no idea what else to say.

Joey sighed "I know."

"Do you have it on you?" Paul asked looking at joeys bag

Joey nodded

"You are aware you're digging your own grave? Just give It back and explain." Paul said

"How?!" Joey shook his head "it's not as easy as that!"

Paul rolled his eyes "say 'oh hey sweet wonderful boyfriend of mine. I have something to give you but i need you to let me explain it before you say anything.'" Paul battered his eyelids

Joey chuckled before frowning "first off I don't sound like that! And what would I say anyway?"

"The truth. For the most part at least..." Paul shrugged

"Like?"

Paul cleared his throat "'my sweet love. Remember when you were an ass, well you dropped this and I tried to give it back dear sweet, but you threatend to hurt me so I kept it.'"

"I literally do not sound like that!" Joey said "are you trying to get my ass beat? I mean, he's understanding enough, and wouldn't do that. Actually, he's lovely, besides I mean that does sound like a good idea and I might go for it but I need to finish it first."

"I'm not getting involved with your relationship but dont you think that's going to punch him in the gut? Like hes going to find out eventually." Paul sighed trying to help his idiot friend.

"Hes not!" Joey argued

"What so you haven't spilt coffee on it?" Paul laughed

"No......i-oh shit!" Joey said putting his hands in his head.

"What?!"

"I threw it and a bunch of pages bent." He winced "i kicked it too and it's got a foot print on one of the drawings...and a page ripped."