Chapter 21:

Corey was waiting for Joey to leave his final class. The class seemed to be being kept back, it was Highschool. What was new?

Joey invited him round and to be fair he had a gift to give Joey. It was only small and didnt cost him much but he thought Joey would like it. He smiled to himself, he was lucky to have found Joey in the school full of piranhas."

He lent against the lockers when one of Joey's friends approached him. He looked corey up and down and it made corey feel like shit.

"You alright?" He asked, standing next to Corey. He was slightly taller but that wasn't really what intimidated Corey as opposed to the really unfriendly face.

Corey nodded "uh.. yeah I'm just waiting for Joey."

"I guessed. So I've heard you're dating him."

"So?" Corey snapped

"Stay away from him." the guy growled

Corey raised an eyebrow "why would I do that?"

"You're no good. Youre nothing but an asshole. We all know youre using him. We don't like you. Joey doesn't like you, he's confused!."

"I'd never use him. What are you on about?"

The guy shook his head "listen to me carefully. If you ever even lay a hand on him. You will be dead. Fucking dead understand?"

Corey nodded slowly as the guy got in his face.

"Good!"

They put a hand on Corey's shoulder, corey felt his heart rate speed up as he looked away "and if you hurt him emotionally, you'll wish youd have never been born."

"Okay.." corey said quietly

"Good." The guy said, as they walked off.

Corey blinked as he sighed rubbing his shoulder. What the fuck was that about? It was so unnecessary and rude.

He sighed as he tried to shake off the bad feelings that clawed at his brain and the memories hooking onto him.

"Hey!" Joey suddenly came into view with that adorable smile.

"Oh hi." Corey said smiling softly.

"You okay?"

"Huh?" Corey blinked

"Corey what happened?" Joey asked, looking at his boyfriend knowing that something was definitely up.

"What are you on about?" Corey asked "nothing happened."

"You seem shaken up. Please dont lie to me..."

"Its fine!" Corey snapped

"Corey!"

Corey looked at him "can we just go?"

"No." Joey said "not until you tell me what's gone on."

Corey rolled his eyes but complied "fine one of your asshole friends came up to me and threatend me okay? Happy? Good!" Corey snapped

"...who?"

"I dont know." Corey shrugged

"What did they say?" Joey asked

"Theyd kill me if I hurt you shit and to stay away. Typical intimidating tactics and fear mongering."

Joey looked at him, he looked mad "right."

"Joey where are you going?" Corey called as Joey started sprinting down the corridor.

Corey quickly followed and caught up to him. "Where are you going?" He asked again