Chapter 39:

Joey was gently laying the knives and forks out on the dinner table when the door knocked

"Nathan would you get that?" His mom called as he rolled his eyes and walked to the door.

"Who knocks at this hour?"

He opened the door quickly to see a very distraught man.

"Corey?"

Corey was sobbing gently as he tried to wipe his tears.

"Corey what happened?" Joey blinked up at him in shock

Corey shook his head as Joey quickly pulled him into a hug.

"Corey? Talk to me!"

Joey's mom walked out "what's going-Corey? Corey hun are you okay? what happened? Nathan, what happened?"

Joey shrugged as he held corey in his arms.

She blinked "I'll leave you boys to talk, uh would corey like to stay?"

Joey nodded as she walked out

"Let's go to my room." Joey said

Corey nodded as Joey gently took his hand, and led him up to his room.

As soon as he shut the door Corey sobbed harder.

"Corey...what happened?"

"I have to leave you!" Corey said

"Leave...me?" Joey felt his heart drop. "W-what did I do?"

Corey shook his head "I have to leave you..as in i have to leave here. I have to go."

"Go?go where?"

Corey shook his head "but I dont want to go Joey! I dont want to! I'm running away tonight. I'll be homeless again! I dont care!" Corey said quickly

"Woah woah woah!" Joey said "you cant run away...you cant. what's going on?"

"My grandma! she noticed the gun had been moved, I told her what happened..." he sighed painfully "and she read my notebook...shes sending me away Joey! Shes getting rid of me! I wont be able to see you! I cant go! I'm not crazy!"

Joey blinked "you're going to a hospital?"

Corey nodded

"Oh corey..." joey sighed sympathetically pulling him into another hug.

Corey snuggled into the crook of Joey's neck. "I dont want to go. I cant."

Joey sighed "I...I dont know what to say corey."

Corey didnt say anything

"I dont want you to go either."

Corey looked at him

"But you have to. You have to corey!"

Corey backed away from him "you think I'm insane? I'm a danger? you want to get rid of me?" He asked, he looked offended

"What...? No! Of course not!"

"What the fuck-" corey yelled

"You asked me to fucking shoot you!" Joey yelled "you asked me to fucking shoot you! You are a danger!" Joey yelled back

Corey stared at him as the tears rolled down his face "w..what?"

Joey sighed "corey...I think, I think itll do you good...to, to be someone where you can be safe with your best interest."

"But it's not my best interest is it? Its everyone else's! I dont want to go, I cant go. I-"

Joey sighed "corey...I...you gotta go." Joey shook his head