PAGE 12

Kai P.O.V.

“oops my hand slipped”

She drops it, my eyes widen, Rappa takes it and gets out to throw it but she slips away, she runs into the downtown streets, this is bad, she isn’t safe.

I run after her but when I turn she’s gone; I pull my phone out and start sending my men to look for her.

I need to find her; I won’t let her get hurt.

It’s been 2 hours of non-stop searching, in her condition she’ll prioritise her kids, so what would a heavily pregnant mother do?, I look around and there’s a pregnant woman holding heavy shopping bags, a man comes up to her and takes them out of her hands.

“honestly I just want to go sleep, can we go home now” the woman says.

Home?, but she said she has nowhere to go, but there are a few hotels around here, I tell everyone to check the nearby hotels, there’s one closest to me, but it’s in the worst parts of this downtown area.

Rei P.O.V.

I stopped by a bar, and hid there for an hour, no one would expect a pregnant woman to hide in a place like this, I wish for Dabi’s phone, so I can call Kurogiri, but it has a password lock, and I don’t know what it is, I order a glass of water before going to the hotel, I pull out the map and stop on the side of the road.

“hey there miss are you lost” a guy asks, walking towards me, I shake my head no, but the map is clearly visible.

What do I do?

“I’m just playing a game with my friends, we do this every year on my birthday, so don’t worry I know where I am, I’m heading to the hotel a few blocks out,”

“need an escort or something?”

“no!, you look very sketchy, and you’re making me uncomfortable, so could you move, I have to make sure they don’t find me”

this guys’ pushiness is just pissing me off.

He’s scaring the crap out of me, I walk away and stop in the middle of the road, this isn’t a safe area at all, I look behind me, and contemplate my next move.

No way am I gambling with my kid’s lives, I’ll take my chances with Chisaki, I turn and walk back to the crowded streets, I’m holding Dabi’s phone, and I keep looking at it every second like it will magically unlock.

I look around, I see shops everywhere, I look for a restaurant, at least let me eat. I walk into a small café, that isn’t as crowded as all the other shops in the area, I choose a secluded spot at the back, there is no one there.

I turn around and Dabi appears from the purple mist, I feel my body relax when I see his face, I turn around and Chisaki is right Infront of me, I cant let him know I know Dabi, the waitress arrives with my food, the boys notice the tension in the air is causing people to watch us, I take my tray and ask for takeout, trying to ignore the two ticking time bombs.

The tension was making my heart beat race.

I felt a kick in my stomach, I put my hand over it, and take deep breaths, I need to make sure the babies are okay, there’s a kick again followed by a sharp pain, I wince causing the two men to stop glaring and killing each other mentally.

I push Dabi out of my way, and walk away from them, I step outside and Kurogiri is waiting there for me, he takes my hand and warps me back home.

I just go to my room and sleep.