PAGE 53

Rei P.O.V.

“hello musha kay” I say getting off the plane. The boys won this vacation fair and square. we get a three night stay here after that it’s straight to Paris. Kai couldn’t make it, so it’s me and the kids with Katsuki and Kirishima, Denki has official assassin work to do so he couldn’t join us and last but not least Dabi. Eri surfs past me on a golden surfer the twins follow behind her Katsuki is M.I.A.

Dabi scoops me up bridal style, “you going to just stand there or are we going to get this vacation started” he smiles at me “let’s get this party started!”

We drive to the villa and first things first we fight over the rooms I’ve seen every room here this place looks so amazing.

I take a shower and wash off the fatigue there’s a party tonight and all of us have our own all night events I wear a red bikini. one of the island girls painted my body with flame art my hair is loose and I wore a thin black veil around my waist.

“okay, I’ll see you kids tomorrow I love you I’ll miss and please be safe look out for each other and don’t stress Katsuki out”

I wave goodbye and take Dabi’s hand pulling him towards the bonfire welcome party reserved for adults only.

We arrive and it’s really amazing the atmosphere is electric.

Dabi P.O.V.

“oh my god I know this dance my mom taught it to me” without a second thought she jumps right in and dances her body moved in sync with the flames it was like watching a wild fire free and burning everything it touches the flames on her body just made every movement alluring just watching her made my heart dance.

“this place is amazing” she shouts running into my arms, “it sure as hell is” I couldn’t take my eyes off of her we find a place to sit and we talk mostly her talking about all the things her mother mentioned. A woman walks up to us and she freezes, “mom?”

she definitely looks like the woman, “no my darling I am your mothers twin sister I saw you dancing and that was our families sacred dance taught to the twins gifted with an extra ordinary power we brand them the mark of our clan so they never forget to pass down the torch to the next generation my sister was not gifted like I was but she told me she also had daughters of her own and that one was gifted she was supposed to bring you here when you were younger, but unfortunately you never made it never the less you made it in time for your branding, do you wish to take part Rosalinda”

“why was my mother never branded?”

“she was not gifted she was like your sister Katherine it’s rare both twins to be blessed”

“both my boys are gifted my mom said that’s what you called it when someone in the clan has two quirks because it was rare in her family for such a thing to happen”

“yes, will you be branded Rosalinda?” she looks at me and I kiss her forehead, “it’s something your mother wanted for you I don’t see why not, what about the boys? can they be branded?”

“of course, I’ll meet you here in 30 minutes the boys too”

We looked everywhere for the twins and we finally find them getting pummelled by Bakugou while Eri and Kirishima act like they don’t know them, “hey” the twins stop and look at me, “let’s go your mother wants you to meet her mothers side of the family were all going before you idiots get us banned for life”

The woman comes to get us and explains more about Ravens family, “I guess this explains why you are a little sick in the head your whole family is made up of eccentrics”

Raven gives me an agreeing nod, “we all heard her say she’s throwing us into a volcano right, so why are we still following her?” Rei says and the twins freeze up I doubt it’s a real volcano so I push them a little, “if they try anything we’ll burn them to a crisp let Bakugou blow them into the volcano and Eri will turn them back into babies we're a army strong enough to take on this whole island so relax” Kirishima says with a confident smile.

We arrive at the top of the mountain and see a bunch of women standing around a fire they sprinkle some black stuff on them and throw them into a fire after that they stand up and there’s a symbol that appears on their body an old woman says something and they cheer, “see it doesn’t look that bad” the three calm down and we stop when the woman stops I notice she has a ink mark of a wolf on the back of her neck, “so the wolf on your neck is that your brand symbol or whatever?”

“yes, but it’s rare to get an animal totem those who do are regarded quite highly if you receive an animal totem all the others will bow it’s considered royalty to have such a mark”

“well you’re in the presence of royalty, so I think you should tell all these peasants to show us proper respect” Natsu states confidentially and loud enough for everyone to hear him, “you tell them Natsu” I encourage and Raven just wants to get in a ditch and die. You seriously can’t take us anywhere.

The woman whispers something to the old lady they look at Rei and the twins, “this is so awkward, dad is it too late to turn tail and run?”

“what he said!” Natsu adds on to his brothers’ statement.

“the swan has arrived” the old lady says gesturing to Raven she looks more freaked out than I thought she would be I take her hand and guide her towards the old woman I don’t sense anything malicious from these people they are her family her mothers side of the family they could never hurt her I kiss cheek and hand her over to her aunt, “I trust them Raven so trust me” she smiles and nods, “bring the boys as well”

“you are truly royalty it is rare to birth not just two gifted children, but boys as well those people are called swans the fire will turn black the totem will appear on your womb” she calls for Eri, “she too is old enough to be branded, but since she is not your child by birth we will not brand her by fire”

“I thought you only branded the gifted?” Rei says and the old woman laughed, “yes, when it is twins the branding is mostly so you can tell them apart there’s no sacred or religious meaning behind this that’s a bullshit story we tell you as children, branding is something done in families for the memory child it’s not about the mark though it does carry an important meaning as to who you are and what you stand for this ceremony is called branding because it means that each of you are leaving a mark in each other’s lives Louis likes to tell people that story because you always fall for it, now come on get your marks”

She sprinkles the ink on me and Eri and the back of my right shoulder stings for a second Eri winces and clutches the back of her neck, “and the fire is just for dramatic effects for the tourists if you don’t want to you don’t have to do it”

“I want to” Rei says she sprinkles it on Kirishima and Bakugou a spiral appears on Bakugou’s forearm and Kirishima’s palm has a moon, “hey Eri what’s your symbol?” Killuhua asks she turns around and the old woman looks surprised for a second it’s a swan my totem was a flame.

We stand back and watch the old woman sell her fake legend to the tourists Rei is thrown into the fire and it turns black she stands up and a phoenix appears around a belly button everyone bows and it’s Killuhua next he gets up and his symbol is a white bird on his chest, “the silver crow the symbol of snow” Killuhua gets a goofy grin and breaths ice everyone buys it.

Natsu gets one on his back too like me, but on the opposite shoulder, “the black raven symbol of power remnant of the shadow dragon” he shows off a black flame and again the tourists eat it up it is pretty fun though I won’t lie.