PAGE 49

Rei P.O.V.

“Chisaki you are an evil sadist” Natsu cries in my arms, “well, sorry boys you’re stuck with the sadist Kou is taking us out to the salon to hangout with other women, come on Eri the waters getting cold”

“we’re bathing together?”

“yeah, my mom and I used to do it all the time till I was thirteen it’s fun plus we had hot chocolate in the tub and she’d tell me fun stories she was a talented writer too”

“wooow, that sounds fun, but I prefer a milkshake”

“milkshake with waffles and ice cream sounds like fun"

We get in the tub, it’s pretty big there’s still room for one more person, “Rei, this isn’t a bath tub it’s a hot tub the bathroom is in the opposite direction”

“well, this is more fun so why not enjoy ourselves?” she nods and we enjoy the milkshakes in the tub, “what was your mother like Rei?” I look at her and a smile creeps up my face when I think of her.

“my mom, she was really awesome she was really good at cooking, she kept to herself, and she loved to sing every time we were together we would make up songs in the tub or invent stories my favourite was about a princess who was unhappy with her life and wanted to live the life of an adventurer she was brave and strong

"one day her mother got sick and sent her on an adventure to find a magical bean that can cure an illness, the princess went out and searched for days, but everyone said they had never heard of that bean until a knight came and said he’d help the girl look for the bean they searched all over for it, but could never find it

"For days, weeks, and months, the girl went home with her new friend the knight didn't know she was a princess, but all the time they spent together he fell in love with her. The princess cried to her mother that she couldn’t find the bean and her mother laughed and pointed towards the knight

"She looked into her daughters eyes and said ‘you found the bean already and you brought it back in time’ the princess was very confused and asked her mother what she meant the queen said, ‘the cure to any illness is love and you found love and brought it back now I get to meet the one who will take my place and make you happy when I’m gone’

"The princesses mother died, but the princess wasn’t sad because she never forgot her mothers words that love can cure any illness including heartache she kept her mothers love in her heart and when she was gone it did not hurt.

"The princess got to be with the one she loves true love is a remedy even if it’s hard when there is love the will always be a cure”

Eri sniffles, “oh my god, did I say something? I am so sorry” she laughs at my reaction, “no, it’s okay that was a really beautiful story does that mean you love me because when I’m with you it makes the pain go away”

“of course, I love you and I’ll always be there to make the pain go away”

We get out of the tub and wear matching dresses Eri fixes the house again before we leave I go over to Chisaki’s car to check on the twins they look miserable, “hey, there’s no such thing as brain eating zombies Eri made it up just don’t go around breaking her favourite mug okay”

their mood lightens up I flash them a smile and turn around Chisaki is looking awkward, “you were checking out my ass weren’t you?” he chuckles and nods, “I couldn’t help it I wanted to kiss you but you took your time talking to them so I took my time admiring your features” marry me.

“kiss me already” he cups my face and kisses me, he’s so passionate and these are the rare kisses I yearn for it's when he kisses me like this that I know he’s happy he’s pleased with me and they make me so happy I could cry, we pull away to catch our breaths the look in his eyes.