PAGE 35

Kou P.O.V.

I can’t believe what I’m seeing who is this woman? she has Chisaki wrapped around her finger, they’re even on a first name basis.

No woman has ever been on a first name basis with him, you were special if he called you after the first night and I was the closest thing to a decent relationship that he had

I leave and when I come back he’s in an actual relationship does this mean if I never left we would be together? does it mean I fucked up choosing my career over him

who is she anyway? I’m sure he’s going to get bored of her soon, he always gets bored at some point.

“why are you here?”

He turns and gives me an annoyed look, when I left I told him I would come back and we could give this relationship thing a try he told me he doesn’t do relationships but I truly believed I was the one I just need to make him realise that.

“I came back for you Kai” if she can call him by his first name so can I.

“sorry but you aren’t allowed to use that name, never were never will be, so let’s cut to the chase, your little modelling career didn’t work out because a certain star came out of the shadows”

My stomach drops how did he know since the kid star Rosalinda Mews came back my agent has been obsessing about her they used to work together back in the day, she’s older now, which means there’s a lot of gossip in it for any reporter and agency that can broadcast her big come back even years later people still obsess over her.

She had a charismatic and authentic glow about her. She was someone who had fun doing this tough gig, she never gave anyone grief or said the job was hard she always looked happy just to smile and wave.

“no, my career is right where it should be, I just came back to be with you, you know I’m the one for you”

The door swings back open again and two twin boys surf in on the golden surfer boards by the golden glider franchise, I wanted to model the boards but I got rejected, the woman comes in

“what the hell did you do to Hekiji?” she scolds the kids, “I’m really sorry Kai, I thought Rappa was watching them, they listen to him but he went out for a fight somewhere and he left Hekiji in charge they annoyed him till he let Hojo watch them but he just brought them here”

“hey mom have you ever tried using your quirk to combine two things to create one new thing, like say taking uncle Hojo’s crystals and combining them with a diamond to make a whole new cool necklace, I mean I could be rich you know”

the white hair surfs around and his mother gives him a wide surprised grin, “mom wipe that dumbfounded look off your face, that dense moron didn’t come up with the idea your dad did though the necklace part is an original idea” the ravenette comments.

The woman laughs and sighs, “I don’t know Raven but if anyone can do it you can, now come on let’s go”

“holy shit, is that Kou Asahi?, I saw you in a magazine, hey mom she’s the woman that said you inspired her career remember that magazine Natsu burnt and you ignored us for a day because of it”

Chisaki laughs, and she stiffens, “we agreed to forgive each other” she says and the ravenette puts a hand on her shoulder, while floating on the board

“to forgive yes, but not to forget, anyway, Kou is basic that's what dad said she lacks something called heart she might be pretty but she doesn’t have her heart in it, so I think she’s plain plastic and should seriously consider another career, maybe acting, her faking skills could do her more good there”

Who the hell are these toddlers, they don’t look like Chisaki and those fiery blue eyes are a dead give away their not his

Faker? Fiery blue eyes. Dabi?

the woman drags them out of the room and apologises profusely, Chisaki is just standing there with an amused expression on his face, is he taking care of them? those golden surfers are expansive is that their relationship?.

“Chisaki who is that woman?” he looks at me with a raised brow.

“you really are a faker aren’t you?, you told the whole world you look up to that woman but couldn’t recognise her when she’s standing right in front of you?, anyway if its money you want its money you won’t get, I won’t waste my time helping you I was willing to but you said you could do it on your own so give back my keys and get the hell out”

I give him his keys and go back to the first floor, I step of the elevator and Tadashi my agent is talking to the two boys, I walk closer so I can hear what their talking about.

“so, what do you boys say, if you say yes your mother will come work for me again”

“I don’t know man, how much are we talking? unlike my mom who would do it for free my brother and I prefer to let the numbers do the talking” the ravenette says, Tadashi laughs and pulls out a contract the boys look it over and agree, Saturday, they will be at the studio.

How lucky can those brats be?

their mother is fast asleep in a sleeping bag under the reception table

I take my phone out and google Katherine Mews, they are twins so I’ll check any recent pictures of her and see if this is really her twin sister.

I play a video and look between the screen and the woman in a sleeping bag, “woah that’s Katherine, she’s so cool” the white hair exclaims from behind me; I didn’t even notice, how fast can these boards go?

“so, your mother is Rosalinda?, have you met Katherine?” they nod and watch the video intently I didn’t have the heart to stop it midway.

“you know lady, you’d make a great dancer, with your looks you could charm a crowd and dancing at events like this you can half ass it all you want just as long as you do it right, anyway I’m sorry for calling you a faker, but I’m not sorry for meaning it”

They fly away and talk to some guests at the reception, their mother is really fast asleep, and that’s really Rosalinda.

My career might not be over yet.