PAGE 30

Kai P.O.V.

I wait at the door for her, the event will start at 13:00, I just told her it was a formal event she’ll kill me if I tell her I was invited by her father.

I hear footsteps, I turn and watch her, she looks so beautiful, her gorgeous black dress, her long raven hair, Black eyes, her body is to die for, I take her hand and usher us to the car, I can’t help but notice the two wrist bands she’s so attached too, I wonder why?

“kai where are we going?”

“remember when I said I was going to a meeting? well it was about the grand opening of a new casino”

“don’t you have enough money Chisaki, what do you need this gambling hall for?”

I chuckle at her question, and open the door for her, I kiss her before she goes inside and the light blush on her cheeks just makes me smile, I get in the car with her and I can’t stop staring.

She’s so beautiful, and on top of that she’s all dressed up today, I can definitely see why she took up modelling for some time.

“why did you stop modelling?”

“uhh, my dad made me stop, but I’m sure it’ll come in handy tonight at that snooze fest event of yours”

I chuckle, and we sit in the car in comfortable silence until we arrive, I step out of the car and take her hand as we walk to the door, I’m immediately swarmed by the paparazzi, I think I underestimated her talent, she knows how to work the crowd, “so miss Katherine will you be singing tonight?”

“Katherine?” we both say at the same time, she clutches on to my arm tighter, “I’m not Katherine, is she here?” she asks the reporters and they nod, as if on cue a red head who is the splitting image of Rei walks up to us.

“Rosalinda?, is that you?” the girl runs in for a hug but Rei just pushed her away by the face, “yeah, you might have the world fooled with your little act, but I wont pretend to like you, so get the hell out of my way, right now”

I squeeze her hand a little so she calms down, I’ve never seen this side of her before the anger in her eyes. its unnatural. it shouldn’t be there but I suppose I can’t change the fact that she has a dark past.

I tilt her chin towards me and kiss her, with everyone watching I want the world to know she’s mine. I pull away “come on, would you excuse us everyone” I walk with her to a secluded spot

"what was that?, and don’t tell me it’s nothing Rei?”

“why do you keep calling me Rei, you know my real name”

“you discarded it for a reason, plus you said I should call you Rei, so until you state otherwise, it’s Rei, so tell me”

She takes a deep breath and explains her relationship with her sister, but the torture, I think I lost it half way through the list of all the things her sister did, and she still had the nerve to smile like that and talk to her like that, “fuck, I’m glad I don’t wear eye makeup, but my eyes still make it obvious that I was crying”

I look into her eyes, I’ve seen every inch of her body, and there is no scar, no proof that she was abused like that, all her relatives would have to do is call bullshit on her story, and the police wouldn’t believe her, “you’re so strong you know that” she smiles and nods.

We walk inside, and her eyes go wide, I really don’t care about what everyone else thinks of it, I only care what she thinks, “this place is amazing, but…” she sighs and looks at me disappointedly, “just kidding its flawless, not bad hero, not bad, I can tell you didn’t design it, its not gloomy like you” she teases, I put my hands around her waist and put our foreheads together

“you know there is a way to help me with my gloomy problem” she smiles but after a second she stiffens

“he’s here, did you invite them?” she starts to panic, what the hell did they do to you, this isn’t the real you.

She takes a deep breath, “I can do this, I wont break” she puts her hands into mine, “call me Katherine for the night, I won’t embarrass you I promise” she ties her hair up and winks.

Embarrass me? You could never. “Kai, if they give you any green or red drink don’t drink it”

“why? is it bad?, because if so, I might be in trouble, we were given Red shots at the meeting I told you about” she stops and the look on her face, she looks scared and angry, but it’s not directed towards me.

“Kai, did you sign any papers after taking that drink?”

“yes, but I don’t remember what I signed up for, there’s a whole hour of events that I can’t remember”

she pulls me to the men’s bathroom, she takes out a knife and cuts her arm, some random ingredients and a glass appear, she fills the glass half way with her blood, mixes the ingredients and violently shakes them before mixing it with the blood

We wait for 10 minutes in silence and the blood and mixture become green until some chemical reaction happens and it’s red again but it no longer looks or even smells like blood.

“did the shot you took look like that?” she’s been pacing up and down this whole time, I nod and the look on her face, she looks defeated.

“Kai you were drugged, its effects last an hour, you probably don’t remember but during that hour my dad could’ve made you sign off any of your companies or all of them, you and all these people are here to celebrate being ripped off, that idiot, she couldn’t have gone so far, what’s wrong with her”

“hey, calm down we can fix this, and I’m guessing you’re upset that your sister used her blood to make that?”

“yeah, but she half assed the drink, it’s not the blood that gives it the kick, it’s this”, she shows me a small vile with a black liquid, she adds it to the drink and it looks like red wine, “come on, you and I are going to get your money back”