PAGE 27

Rei P.O.V.

Dammit the whole plan went to shit, without Taylor and the thing we would be goners by now, the whole crew scattered, we’ll meet at the rendezvous spot later.

I think we got a little greedy, after we had what we needed we stole jewellery too, more like Cat and Jay got greedy, but still, we could actually get away with it still, I wasn’t planning on pulling a heist but I owe Jay and Taylor, after this my debt is payed

we’ll be meeting after Jay's quirk wears off, I turn the corner and bump into Rappa.

Crap he wont recognise me like this, I turn but he grabs me and bags me, we drive somewhere, “Rappa it’s me, stop” he pulls the bag off my head, I look and I see Chisaki, oh shit, and Nemoto he’s the one who can make you speak the truth, but that’s a good thing right?

“who are you?” dammit Rappa it shouldn’t be you asking the question. But why did they bag me.

“kai!, I know what this looks like but it’s me” his eyes widen, he puts his hands on my face and tugs on my cheek.

“ow, that won’t work you moron, this is someone’s quirk in use, could you explain why you would bag a random stranger like that, you’re not going to do experiments on me are you?”

He grabs me by the throat, and gives me a psychotic look.

Oh god, I forgot he’s a psycopath when it comes to his work, dammit what can I do, why is Nemoto just quiet come on Chisaki, stop.

“please stop, I swear its me, kai look at me” he squeezes even tighter, fuck I can’t breathe, how the hell am I supposed to speak.

I’m trying to use my quirk but it won’t work, I feel light headed and my vision is blurring.

I’m not dead yet, I can still try, I just need to loosen his grip

“kai please, you promised me, you promised you’d be safe for me”

his eyes widen and he lets go, I start coughing, my throat is scratchy, and my chest is on fire like I just took my first puff of weed.

He looks at me and apologises, he takes out a sedative, I stop his hand before he injects it, I mean what’s the point, I can feel myself losing my grip on consciousness. I look at him one more time and feel myself drop.

Kai P.O.V.

I feel for her pulse, she’s just unconscious, I look over her disguise, she doesn’t even look like a woman, I take her to my place, for a second I thought she was a witness to a deal I made with a dirty cop, plus he’s my inside man, I look her over, she’s carrying a bag full of diamonds and cash.

I get home and lay her on the bed, I switch on the tv, and I see her on the news, well not her specifically but her disguised self with a bunch of other people I don’t recognise, they cleaned out a bank vault.

I look at her and lay next to her.

She must have been desperate to do something like this; I wrap my arms around her.

You’re just slowly putting one foot after the other into this pool of darkness, but don’t worry, I’ll be there to make sure you don’t drown, I’ll do my best to get you out of this pool, who knows you could end up pulling me out of these waters.

Rei P.O.V.

I wake and I feel strong arms around me, I turn around its Chisaki, I get up and look in the mirror I look like myself again, I call the others to let them know I’m okay, I know where I am and I don’t want Chisaki getting mad because I let the league get free reign over his castle