2

It's quite lovely out here today , Mumbo thought, adjusting his red tie.

Grian had planned a meeting to discuss...some plans that had been made behind Mumbo's back. But, that was pretty typical for his best friend. Most of the plans didn't end in total disaster, so Mumbo was hoping this would be one of the safe ones too.

The tall Englishman arrived in front of a giant mansion, specifically in front of the mansion's large stairway. With a slight chuckle, Mumbo hopped up the stairs with ease. He ran one hand through his hair as he rang the doorbell with the other.

DING DONG

Mumbo stood there waiting like a kid on Halloween who chose a house that didn't answer their door. He looked around, rocked back and forth on his feet, and checked his watch a few times.

"Where could he be?" He mumbled to himself. "He probably overslept again." Mumbo answered his own question.

He was about to raise his hand to knock on the mansion doors when they suddenly opened. Standing on the other side was a short, tired-looking, fringe-haired man who was dressed comparatively casual. He had worry in his eyes, but a smile on his face.

Something seemed off, but Mumbo went ahead with a normal greeting. "Good morning Grian! I hope I didn't wake you up." He glanced over his friend, who shifted uncomfortably every several moments.

"No, no you're alright Mumbo." Grian yawned, making it obvious that he had just woken up.

Mumbo chuckled. He figured this would be the case. "You need more time to get ready?" He motioned slightly to the extreme case of bed-head that his friend was sporting.

"Uh, it's fine." Grian lazily pulled his hands through his hair in an attempt to comb it.

Something still didn't seem right, but Mumbo couldn't put a finger on what it was. He shrugged it off.

"Let's go then." Mumbo smiled and began to walk forwards. He heard the sound of the front door closing, followed by Grian running to catch up with him.

Mumbo sensed that something was bothering Grian. The red-jumpered builder seemed restless in his seat during their meeting, arching his back and stretching. Multiple times, Mumbo wanted to bring it up, but decided against it at the last moment.

He would keep an eye out though. Grian wasn't the type to ask for help or vent to him, unless prompted. Even with a prompting, it would take a bit of work to get him to talk. If Grian's actions kept up like this, then Mumbo would bring it up.

Mumbo and Grian made their way up to the doorstep of G's home, discussing the work they had gotten done today.

"I think you'll have a real good shot at becoming Mayor" Grian spoke up with unrealistic confidence in his voice.

Mumbo felt the exact opposite way. "You really think so? I mean...we don't really have much of a plan other than the poster and the mayor bot." Mumbo looked down at his friend, who seemed a bit spaced out.  The two had reached the door and had stopped walking to say goodbye.

Grian hesitated for a moment. Mumbo took this opportunity to check if he could see any visible sources of pain on G's back. The shorter man gave a quick glance up to Mumbo, who quickly looked away from his back.

With a laugh, G declared, "Trust me. It'll all turn out perfectly."

Mumbo rolled his eyes. He'd heard that before, but he laughed as well. "I think you've lost your 'Trust Me' privileges." Mumbo started to head out.

"Whatever!" Grian called out to him with a smile, and what looked like a wince.

"Alright! See you tomorrow!" Mumbo waved to his best friend and paused to watch him get inside.

Grian gave him a wave back and turned around. Nothing looked out of place. Maybe he got a sunburn or a bruise. Mr. Jumbo clapped the extra redstone dust off of his hands as he continued down the steps, making his way to his own base