8

"Seriously, bro, are you sure about this?"

"C'mon G! It'll be fine!" Taurtis laughed, climbing up the tall jungle trees.

"Alright....RACE YOU!" Grian laughed and started climbing up the tree as fast as he could.

Taurtis increased his speed to try and beat his buddy. Somehow his headphones stayed on, even as he pushed through the leaves.

Grian lost sight of his friend as he went through the foliage. Everything was fine until he heard a cry.

He looked up to see Taurtis falling above him. As his friend fell past him, G turned and grabbed Taurtis' arm, catching him. 

Grian was pretty short and small, but he was undeniably strong.

Taurtis' breathing was erratic as Grian pulled him up into his arms.

"I've got you. I won't let you go." He held his buddy tightly in his arms, sitting on a strong branch of the tree. Taurtis hugged him back.

"Ohhh my goshhhh....thank you so much bro-" Taurtis laughed.

"No problem dude." G smiled.

His face went pale as a loud screech could be heard through the jungle.

"Oh no..." Taurtis looked at Grian.

"Not the Thunderbirds-" Grian looked afraid.

The last thing he saw was the giant black bird swooping towards them

"GAH!"

Grian shot up, breathing quickly, his heart racing.

He hated that dream.

He thought he was OVER that dream.

But it must have come back because of his wings and...well, because of what happened with Mumbo.

He looked at the clock. It was almost 4 am.

Grian was too spooked to go back to sleep, so he decided to see if his terrible wings had gotten bigger.

He got up and went over to the bathroom, flicking on the light.

Yup. Bigger.

He wasn't sure if he could even hide these under a sweater anymore without breaking them.

He stepped up to the mirror and blinked hard.

His eyes....

They weren't their usual blue anymore.

They looked almost purple...

And not only that, but his face was now dotted in these purple freckles.

"AH!" Grian jumped back in surprise. He had no idea what was happening to him, or why.

"I gotta get away. I gotta get help." He started freaking out.