Time Slips Away

A knock at the door.

The family let go of each other and looked at the front of the shop. Through the door's window, they could see Scar and Bdubs.

"Is this a bad time?" Scar popped in and asked the family.

Mumbo stood up. "No, I think you're good." He looked over at Grian.

The bird got up and nodded. He wiped his eyes with the cape. "You're fine."

Jrum scrambled away from his siblings and hurried towards Scar. "Do you gots my kitty?" He jumped up and down.

Scar smiled. With the slightest movement of his hand, Jellie materialized onto his shoulders. For the brief moment, both of their eyes were glowing pure white. The white faded and Jellie jumped into Jrum bot's arms.

"WOAW! How did ya do dat?" The baby bot was amazed.

"Jellie's my familiar." Scar smiled.

"I wanna be a wizawd when I gwow up!" Jrum skipped off with Jellie back to his siblings.

Mumbo faltered when his little boy said that. Jrum couldn't grow up.

"We'll be in the back room if you need us." Grum told the adults. He took the twins and Jrum with him to the storage room of the shop.

"So, Grian! I've made your suit!" Bdubs announced.

"Already?" The caped man sounded impressed.

"I work fast when I need to." The Boomer said as he pulled out a set of clothes from his inventory. He handed it to his friend. "Try it on!"

Grian looked at the clothes, and was surprised to find that they registered as armour. That means he could easily equip them whenever, and he could just keep it in his inventory.

The bird removed his cape and willed himself to his larger form. He equipped the set and smiled. The chestplate was crafted in such a way that allowed his wings to be free and comfortable.

The three got a good look at their super buddy.

Grian wasn't wearing a mask just yet, but he was clothed in a pretty unique set of armour. He wore a gray metal chestplate with orange marks on it. Underneath the chestplate, he wore a collared shirt with the collar open. Grian wore pauldrons with the same sort of design as the chestplate, and they were attached with leather straps. The straps pinned in the middle with a circular emblem. It was a symbol of a chicken head.

The bird wore bright orange gloves with taloned hands that matched the bright orange boots he was sporting. His bottom half, aside from the boots, was a bit more casual. He wore a brown buckled belt and a pair of bluejeans.

Grian was grinning wide.

"Do I look cool?" He asked

"Super cool" Mumbo winked, and then frowned. "Wait a second, Bdubs, did you take some of my clothes to make that?"

BdoubleO chuckled awkwardly. "Whoops, maybe I did?" He totally did.

Mumbo smiled. "It's fine. I was just confused on why those looked like mine. Good to know that I should change the locks on my doors."

Bdubs hadn't used the doors.