Little Talks

Xisuma woke up the next morning on the beanbag chair. Grian was asleep on the chair next to him, curled up in a ball, using his wings as a blanket. He looked peaceful. X stood up and stretched. He better talk to Mumbo like Grian asked him to.

X turned off the TV (it had been on all night), and rubbed his eyes. He never slept, but recently he had been sleeping more and more. He wasn't sure if that was good or not. He definitely felt better after he slept, but at the same time he was always disoriented.

Xisuma picked up Grian off of the chair and set him softly down on his bed. He tucked him into the bed and gave him a kiss on the forehead. Maybe it was because he saved this boy's life, but he always felt protective of him. He felt that way of all the hermits. He wanted them to feel like a family in this community. Being the Admin, sort of made him the head of the house. It made him feel a bit fatherly, and he liked that. It made him feel more like his dad.

As he thought this, X looked up at the Doom poster above the bed. He smiled at the sight of it.

"Love you, Dad. I'll be back soon." Xisuma said out loud to the poster. He exited the bedroom, taking his suit with him. He changed out of his casual clothes and into his armour in the bathroom.

He took a look at himself in the mirror and smiled again. He was finally going to show Mumbo his face, and he felt good about that. In truth, this was something that he felt like he should have done long ago. He just...never did.

With a shrug, he walked out.

7 years ago

Xisuma was walking by himself, talking to no one, and not really paying attention. He walked right into the wall of someone's build. He looked up, rubbing his helmet, and stared in awe at the redstone machine.

He himself was decent at redstone, but this machine looked complicated. Xisuma started inspecting it. A voice called down to him.

"'Ello there!"

X looked up. Coming down a ladder was a tall man. He jumped from a few rungs up and landed in front of the Admin. The man had on a pinkish-red polo shirt, covered in redstone, and he had dark hair. He wore a pair of round glasses, and his eyes sparkled like the dust.

"Oh, 'ello!" Xisuma waved. He smiled too, but the man couldn't see it. "I like your contraption! I could never do something like this! Did you design it?"

The tall man nodded. "Yup!" He smiled, and X noticed that his teeth were a bit crooked. "The name's Mumbo Jumbo!"

"Name's Void, Xisuma Void." X held out his hand for the builder to shake. He gladly did.

"Say...do you make stuff like this a lot?" The admin asked, thinking of an idea

"All the time! Redstone is my forte!" Mumbo shook his head to let the spicy dust fall out of his hair.

Xisuma chuckled, and then smiled beneath the mask. "Hm, I've been meaning to find another Redstone builder for our server."

Mumbo looked down at the Doomguy with intrigue. "Oh?"