Dance Party

Grian had a dreamless nap, but he woke up when someone gently shook his shoulder. He groggily opened his eyes and saw that he was in the bed inside the shop. Grum stood next to the bed, his hand on his father's arm.

"Wake up, Dad." The robot was smiling. "We set up the little party!"

Grian sat up, noticing the burning sensation on his scars. He tried to ignore it as he looked around at the rest of the family. The inside of the shop was brightly and warmly lit, and the other bots were all sitting around.

Jrum was sitting atop a jukebox, spinning a record on his finger. Amelia and Circuit were sitting on the counter, talking to each other. After a moment, Mumbo walked in the door. He came on over to Grian and hugged him.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked the bird, giving his wing a gentle pet.

Grian cooed happily and nodded. Mumbo pulled him out of the bed and spun him around. He seemed...happy. He also seemed extremely tired.

"When was the last time you slept?" Grian asked as Mumbo stopped him spinning.

"Uh..." The redstoner had to think about it, which wasn't a good sign. "I do not remember."

The bird sighed. "After this, please sleep."

"Alright, alright" Mumbo laughed sweetly.

"Father made more cookies!" Amelia held a peanut butter cookie towards Grian, who hungrily took it. He took a bite and smiled.

"This is really good." He said with his mouth full.

"Thanks!" Mumbo's smile was bright.

He looked over at Jrum with a wink, and the baby giggled and put the record in the jukebox.

Mumbo's favourite music disc, Chirp, started to play. Grian felt strange. It was like he had an involuntary reaction to the music. He started to dance, suddenly remembering what happens when you play music around a parrot.

He felt silly, but Mumbo joined in next to him.

"Haha I can't stop." Grian laughed as him and his best friend vibed.

"What do you mean?" Mumbo looked at him. The song ended and Grian stopped dancing.

"I meant, I couldn't stop when there's music...I guess." The bird chuckled and looked away. Mumbo smiled and glanced over at Jrum again, who removed Chirp and put in Stal in the jukebox.

Mumbo extended his hand to the already toe-tapping bird and smiled. "Care to dance?" He offered.

Grian smiled and rolled his eyes. He took the man's hand, and Mumbo spun him around until he was in his arms. He turned him around and took a more ballroom-dance style position.

The two danced through the song, until at one point when Mumbo stumbled over his own long legs and the two tumbled onto the ground laughing.

Grian stopped laughing and just stared at Mumbo's joyful expression. The man's face was red from dancing and laughing for the past 10 minutes. When Mumbo heard Grian stop laughing, he did as well, and opened his eyes. Grian just stared at him.

Mumbo smiled. "Is everything alright?"

"Huh? Oh, uh, yeah." Grian awkwardly chirped and stood up, extending his hand to help Mumbo up as well. The redstone man took it gladly and the bird pulled him up.