Crashed

When Mumbo returned, he was carrying two unfinished robots under his arms. He must be incredibly strong, for both of the robots were around the size of a tall thirteen year old. He swooped down in front of his kids and set the unfinished bots down.

They both looked extremely like Mumbo. In fact, if Mumbo were to have given the boy a mustache, he would look almost exactly like his creator (other than his obvious robot parts).

The boy only had a left eye, and the girl only had a right eye. Where their other eye should be was covered with metal plating.

Mumbo only had 2 eyes available when he first started building the twins, so he just gave them each one eye. He thought it looked cool.

Both kids wore a pair of glittery red suspenders, decorated with what one could only assume was redstone dust. The girl wore a bowtie with the same sparkly design, and the boy wore a tie of the same caliber.

"Alrighty, I will take these two kiddos into the shop to finish them!" Mumbo picked both of the kids up again under his arms.

It must have been sunrise, for the sky was getting lighter, even though the rain had yet to let up.

Mr. Jumbo brought the robots into the mayoral shop and set them down. He was very glad he waterproofed them.

"Okay, well, let's get to work."

Mumbo worked on the twins for the entire next day. Often, Jrumbot would run in and bring him food from a chest. Jrumbot would also just sit with his father as he built the new children.

He had only gotten the boy finished by the time it was the next day. The Architech had been working nonstop for 24 hours straight, and it was starting to show.

He looked extremely tired and kept yawning.

But he promised he wouldn't rest until Grian came back.

The boy was finished, so Mumbo set him aside and jumped straight into working on the girl. He smiled, because it would be nice to have a daughter amongst his 3 sons.

He hummed a tune while he worked on her circuitry. As we went on, his humming became vocalizing, and from that became full-on singing.

As the hours went by, Mr. Jumbo sang a variety of songs, everything from Frank Sinatra to Broadway show tunes.

He was sweaty and tired. His hair was a mess, and he was coated in redstone and machine oil. He had bandaids all over his hands and fingers from where he slipped and cut himself while working on his bots.

But he persisted.

The hours came back around, and soon it was the next day. His daughter was finished!

He stood up, almost falling over. He caught himself on a crafting table and gave out a tired laugh.

"Just gotta boot them up." He mumbled to himself as he approached the two robots. He pressed the centre of the girl's bowtie, and pressed the knot of the boy's tie.

Both robots made a start-up noise and opened their eyes.

"Hello there!" Mumbo gave them both a tired but loving smile.

"I'm your dad! Your names are Amelia-" He put his hand on the girl's shoulder. "And Circuit!" He placed his other hand on the boy's shoulder.