And So It Begins

Grian woke up, cradled in Mumbo's arms. His friend was asleep still, but G was a bit freaked out. Why was he here? He struggled to get out of the man's arms, but the redstoner stayed asleep and gripped him tighter.

"Mumbo!" Grian whisper-yelled as his friend hugged him. "You're suffocating me!"

The taller man didn't wake up. He hadn't slept for days, and seemed to be in a deep sleep. Grian rolled his eyes and shrunk himself down. He narrowly avoided getting squished by Mumbo's arms, but he zipped on out. He flew above his snoozing buddy and saw Jrumbot asleep next to him.

Grian swooped down in front of the baby and landed on his chest. He poked the boy's face, even though it was metal.

"Wake up, Jrum." He told the robot.

Jrum's eyes snapped open. "I'm not asweep!" He giggled and sat up, catching his feathered father in his hands. "I was pwetending!"

Grian titled his head. "Why?"

"Cuz I didn't wanna distuwb you and Mommy!" Jrum smiled. "You two awe sooooooo cute!!"

The bird's face became red. "Your mother? You mean-....oh, Mumbo." Grian looked over at his friend, who lazily flipped over and hugged Jrum (and by extention, Grian) in his arms like a teddy bear.

Jrum found delight in this. He held his cupped hands to his chest and snuggled up against his father, holding his other dad close.

Grian started to feel a little claustrophobic. It was like his dream void, but much more real.

He started to panic, and started sparking. Little jolts shot off of him and ran through Jrum's metal body, exiting the baby and zapping Mumbo.

Needless to say, the mustachioed man woke up with a jolt. Literally.

"Wha- who's there?!" Mumbo sat up, still clutching Jrum and Grian.

"Sorry! That was me!" The bird managed to chirp.

The redstoner looked around, confused, but then realized that he was holding someone. He loosened his grip and looked down at the beaming face of his little baby boy.

In his hands was a shaking feathered mess.

"Oh, good morning!" Mumbo smiled sleepily, his eyes half-open and his hair messed up. Somehow, his mustache remained pristine.

Grian hopped out of Jrum's hands and ran down the comforter to the edge of the bed. He glided onto the floor and grew to his normal size.

"You need to keep sleeping." He stepped on over to Mumbo and gently pushed him down against the mattress with his hand.

Mumbo's smile remained. "Whatever you say, G." He yanked on Grian's arm, pulling his friend down onto himself. The tall Englishman hugged both the bird and the bot that were against his chest.

"Ack, not with me!" Grian pulled himself off of Mumbo and laughed. As he got up, he grabbed the gray and yellow starred sweater that was next to his friend, tying it around his waist. "I need to go out as Poultry Man. Establish myself as a hero, y'know? I'll be back later."

Mumbo chuckled. "'Aight. See ya later." He kissed Jrum's head, still hugging the baby.

Grian rushed out of the shop. He popped back in a second after he left. "Love you!" He waved to the two of them. Mumbo smiled.

"I love you more!"

"Huh? Oh that was meant for Jrum, but haha, I love you too bro." G winked with a smile.