9

Mumbo had woken up early and baked a fresh batch of cookies for his friend. He made the smart decision of making snickerdoodles rather than chocolate chip. If Grian really was becoming a bird, he didn't want to kill him.

The cookies had just finished baking, and the Architech was letting them cool. He took off the oven mitts, untied his apron (which Iskall had taken time to stitch the words "Sahara Shrimps" onto), and set them both on the counter.

He still had time to spare before he had to head over to Grian's place.

Mumbo turned around and glanced at the table. Amongst the many complicated redstone blueprints was one of the posters Grian had made.

"Mumbooooo foooooor maaayoooorr" He drew out the words and then shook his head. "Still doesn't sound right."

He suddenly recalled what he had forgotten that he'd forgotten. Grumbot.

Mumbo never looked at the answer that the robot gave. Maybe he should do that.

The tall Englishman decided that, yes, that is indeed what he will do before heading over to Grian's. He grabbed some diamonds and paper, as well as his elytra and rockets. Mumbo headed outside of his base, the rain still pouring.

The rain didn't bother him. Sure, redstone and water don't mix, but...rain was fine.

Mumbo equipped his elytra and shot himself off with a rocket. He zipped through the cold air, the raindrops sharply hitting his face.

It was so dark out here, even at 6:45 am, that the only way he was able to see Grumbot was because of his brightly lit screen.

When the soaking hermit flew in front of the robot, the expression on the screen changed. It was a smile.

An arrow appeared on the screen, replacing Grumbot's normal face, and it pointed down towards the answer slot.

"Oh, you want me to check the answer you gave me-" Mumbo spoke out loud to the AI.

The arrow disappeared and Grumbot's face came back on screen.

"Alrighty then."

Mumbo stepped towards the answer slot at the command centre. Grumbot seemed to have retracted the paper, perhaps in hopes it wouldn't get wet.

He put his hand against the cold, wet metal, and Grumbot responded to his touch.

Weird. Mumbo thought. I didn't program this advanced of an AI for him-

His thoughts were interrupted by a paper coming out of the slot.

Mumbo took it with his wet hands and read it out loud to himself.

"'...I know that you will be a great mayor Da-..."

He stopped, stepped back, and looked up.  "Wha-...I-"

Grumbot's smile blinked happily.

"Wait, are you-...Are you calling me your dad?" Mumbo seemed very confused and surprised.