Clockwork

Season 5

Mumbo ran around his ocean base. He was always misplacing his items, despite having a storage system. He would be meeting up with Iskall later today, and he still hadn't found his elytra.

Finally, after a solid hour of getting distracted and a bit frustrated, he located his equippable wings. He took them out of the chest that he had passed over a dozen times during his search and sat down, out of breath.

"Man, I really need help around here, don't I?" Mumbo chuckled to himself as he looked down at his watch.

"Oh my goodness gracious, I'm gonna be late." He hopped up and put his elytra on, running outside of his base and using a rocket to take off into the sky.

That Night

Mumbo returned to his base, tired, but still laughing. Iskall was always a blast to hang with. He loved his best friend.

Something had been on his mind all day though. He had an idea that he couldn't wait to plan out.

The Redstoner grabbed a set of blueprints from a chest and sat down on the ground. He pulled out a white coloured pencil and began sketching.

"I need some helpers." He said outloud to himself. He looked at the plans he drew.

"Two of em." He decided and drew up another set of plans on another set of blueprints. "And I need to be able to tell them apart easily." He made sure it was obvious which one was which.

"Look at them!" He grinned to himself. "Mini Mumbos!"

On the first set of prints was a plan for a robot boy. Next to him was written "Circuit". He looked like young Mumbo, minus the glasses, cross eyes, and crooked teeth. The second set of prints held a plan for an almost identical bot, except this one was a female. Next to her was written "Amelia". She wore a bow tie while her twin wore a tie.

"Little helper clones! I'm a genius!" He smiled and stood up, realizing how tired he really was. He set the plans aside and dragged himself to bed.

Season 7

Mumbo flew off in the direction of his base. He was very excited. He had just become a father and he couldn't get enough.

His mind was brought to the two helper clone bots he had started building back a couple of seasons before. He never ended up finishing them; He got too busy. But now, he was motivated. He was happier than he had been in so long.

The man landed at his base and ran inside. He was jumping around as he looked for where he had stored the bots. He threw open a storage closet and grinned at the sight of the unfinished androids inside.

Mumbo took some deep breaths. He stepped towards them and cupped Amelia's face in his hands. He felt that immense sense of pride that he felt towards Grumbot and Jrumbot.

These robots couldn't be his clones. No no, that wouldn't do.

These robots would be his children. That was perfect. He was very glad he never ended up finishing them to be his clones.

He gave his almost-daughter a kiss on the head before turning to his almost-son. He gave him a kiss as well and hugged them both, almost brought to tears at the thought of almost being their father.

He wanted to finish them as quickly as possible. He wanted to hear their voices, see their smiles, feel their hugs. They already had some programming in them from Season 5, but it was basically all basic coding. There was probably some base programming for their obedience, but that could stay.