Congratulations

Mumbo sat up and wiped his eyes. He stopped crying, but Sahara was still going.

"Alright, that's enough out of me." He mumbled to himself and stood up, holding his daughter close.

"I made a mistake." He sighed sadly and with regret.

Mumbo stepped out of where he was, ignoring the other hermits in the shopping district. He saw Grian on the other side of the district, talking with Iskall.

He didn't seem as distressed as he just had been minutes earlier.

The roboticist stroked Sahara's hair and gently told her that he was sorry, and that it was not her fault.

"It's my fault." He admitted. "I...broke a promise..."

Sahara looked up. The lenses of her glasses were wet with synthetic tears.

"Let's go home." Mumbo had to look away when she looked at him. He couldn't bear to see the misery that had overtaken his daughter. The misery that was his fault.

He shouldn't have told her about Grian.

But, if he hadn't...the other kids surely would have. They would have brought Grian up, and then would have told Sahara that he was her dad as well.

Mumbo briskly walked back over to the Jrumbot shop. He stepped inside.

Ren and Doc were sitting with the kids. Doc rolled a D20 and yelled out in frustration.

"DANG IT!"

Jrumbot giggled. "You faiwed da woll! Da gobwin's magic huwts you!"

Doc crossed his arms and Ren laughed.

Grumbot looked up to see Mumbo holding Sahara. It was obvious both had been crying. He got up quickly.

"Dad! Are you okay?" He ran over to the pair of them.

Mumbo nodded. Ren and Doc looked over and the dogman stood up.

"What happened?" Ren came over to Mumbo, Doc just watched from where he sat.

"I made a mistake, but it's...it's fine." He lied. "Were they any trouble?" He changed the subject.

"No, they were good." Ren answered. "In fact, I think Doc might actually not have hated it."

Doc rolled his eyes, but still asked, "Do you want us to stay here while you rest or something? You look...tired."

Mumbo slowly and silently nodded. "Thank you."

He turned around, holding Sahara close and stepped towards TVGrumbot. Ren and Doc couldn't see him enter the lift.

Mumbo got inside and it lowered him down into the HQ. The roboticist sat down at the kitchen counter, Sahara in his lap.

He played with her hair as she held onto her father.

"I'm sowwee." She whispered.

"Why are you apologizing?" Mumbo looked confused.

"Daddy's mad at you cuz of me..."

"No...He's mad at me because of, well...because of me."

Sahara didn't reply.

Grian had flown away after shoving Sahara back into Mumbo's arms. He landed in front of Iskall at the other end of the shopping district and tried to have a normal conversation. He pushed Mumbo to the back of his mind.