The Doctor and The Doomslayer

Season 3

xB stood in his room inside his base. It was dark and he wasn't really sure what he was doing. Since the new season, xB had been on his own. He had his own base, rather than staying at Xisuma's like he had the previous season.

He was excited to build it, and he was really proud of how it was turning out, but...

He felt alone. The base felt so empty since it only had one resident. He saw Mr. Void often, but it didn't really feel the same.

xB laid down on his back on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. He wanted to prove to Xisuma that he could be on his own, but he was still a kid and was still very unsure if he could. He always hesitated whenever he thought about telling X about his loneliness. Xisuma believed in him, and xB didn't want to ruin that.

He laid on the bed for about five minutes when there was a knock at his front door. He shot out of bed and crept out of his room, grabbing a sword for protection. He slowly approached the door and peeked through the window to see who was here so late at night.

A man in green doom armour stood at the door, holding a thermos. xB was both relieved and confused.

The boy opened up the door.

"Mr. Void?" xB lowered his sword.

"Ah, hello xB." Xisuma said with a smile in his voice.

"Why are you visiting this late?"

Xisuma looked at the boy. "Are you having a bad night?"

xB paused. He was about to say no, but he felt himself nod. He started to cry as he stuttered out a confirmation.

Xisuma stepped forwards towards the sobbing boy and gave him a hug.

The two stood in the doorway, hugging, for a few minutes. xB finally let go and wiped his eyes with his hoodie sleeve. He looked up at the Admin.

"How did you know?"

Xisuma smiled, but xB couldn't see it. "The same way you always knew, I guess....May I come in?"

xB nodded and stepped aside to let the Doomguy through. X took off his boots and set them by the door. He handed the thermos he was holding to xB.

"I brought you some tea."

xB smiled and opened up the thermos, inhaling the scented steam that lifted out of the container. He took a sip, surprised to find that it was a perfect temperature.

Xisuma pulled something out his inventory and leaned against the closed front door as he removed his helmet with one hand. He set it down, holding his breath, before quickly equipping what looked like the bottom part of a hazmat mask.

"There we go. Now I can breathe without having to wear the helmet, and now you can see me better. It's not as effective, but I'll take what I can get." Xisuma picked his helmet back up and held it under one arm as he walked to xB's living room. The boy followed close behind.

Xisuma sat down on the couch after setting his helmet down on the table in front of him.

"Why not get a helmet like the one Mr. Biffa has?" xB came over to the Admin and sat down next to him.

"...I think I like being a mystery." X chuckled. He put his arm around xB, who snuggled in close to the man, sipping tea from the thermos.

"So...what's got you feelin' down?" Xisuma looked at xB.