Chapter 4

After meeting up with Dre, Jay went by the house to see Aaliyah.

Aaliyah let Jay in and sat back down on the couch.

"You good?", Jay asked.

"Am I good? My daughter is only God knows where and Dre.. well I don't know what happened with him", Aaliyah said.

Jay sat down. "Im sure it's just the fact that Jada is gone that's messing him up", Jay said.

"...it's not that. It's just something he said to me", Aaliyah said.

"What did he say?", Jay asked.

Aaliyah shook her head.

"Come on now. He's my boy second and your my sister first. You can talk to me", Jay said.

"There is something that...that I didn't tell him", Aaliyah said. "I've been trying to tell him but I just can't. Things have been going so good and now..."

Aaliyah stopped talking and looked down.

"It's that bad?", Jay asked.

"It wouldn't have been that bad if I would've told him from the start", Aaliyah said.

"...whatever it is, it's never to late to tell him", Jay said.

Aaliyah nods as she looks up at Jay.

"Are you going to be okay here by yourself with Andre?, Jay asked.

"Well, Nae came and got Andre so I'm here alone", Aaliyah said. "Where's Dre? Have you heard from him?"

"Um no", Jay said lying.

Aaliyah shook her head.

"Just know that he's working on getting Jada back", Jay said. "And whatever is going on between y'all is going to work out"

"Even if he's having second thoughts about marrying me?", Aaliyah asked.

"What are you talking about? He was excited to see you walking down the aisle", Jay said.

"He has to talk to somebody after that. Somebody had to tell him something because he wasn't happy", Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah just call down alright. Everything is going to be fine. Everybody's emotions are just all over the place", Jay said.

Seconds later, Aaliyah's phone began ringing. It was an unknown caller. Jay say it she picked the phone up and watched to see what she was going to do.

"I'll answer it", he said as he grabbed the phone and answered it. "Hello?"

Right after he said that, the person hung up. Jay looked at the phone then handed it back to her.

"They hung up", Jay said.

"...jay I'm about to take a shower. I'll talk to you later okay?", Aaliyah said.

"You gonna be alright?", Jay asked.

"Yes. I'll be fine", she said as she opened the door for him.

"...okay... bye", Jay said as he walked out the door. "Call me if you need me"

Aaliyah nods then shuts and locks the door. She took a step forward and her phone rang again.

"Hello?", said Aaliyah after answering the phone.

"What's good?", Kurt asked.

"...Kurt?", Aaliyah asked.

"In the flesh", he said. "I got a proposal for you"

"How did you get my number?", Aaliyah asked.