Chapter 60

The next day was the weekend so Aaliyah didn't work because Deshawn's office wasn't open on the weekend.

While she was eating cereal she got a text message.

TEXT MESSAGE:
Dre: damn, you can't call nobody back?

Aaliyah was going to call Dre back after work but she didn't want to call him in front of Deshawn. After she got home, she forgot to call him back.

Aaliyah called Dre and he answered.

"Hello?", Dre said.

"What's up? Everything okay", Aaliyah asked.

"I was just calling to check on you", Dre said.

"I'm fine", Aaliyah said.

"I bet you are", Dre said.

"What is that supposed to mean?", Aaliyah asked.

"Nothing", Dre said.

"Okay whatever", Aaliyah said. "I'm glad you're on the phone though because I thought that you should know something"

"What?", Dre asked.

"I decided not to take the pills", Aaliyah said.

"We agreed you would Aaliyah", Dre said.

"Yea well my gut was telling me not to", Aaliyah said.

Dre didn't say anything.

"But I just thought that you should know", Aaliyah said.

"Can I come over?", Dre asked.

"You pay the bills. Well for now at least", Aaliyah said

"What is that supposed to mean?", Dre asked. "What? Some other nigga gonna be paying them soon?"

"Who said anything about another guy?", Aaliyah asked.

"Man, Aaliyah shut up. I saw you with that dude yesterday", Dre said.

"First of all why are you following me?", Aaliyah asked.

"I was following you. I didn't get a hold of you and you're still sharing your location so I wanted to make sure you were okay", Dre said.

"Second, I will note to stop sharing that location, third, that is my boss and lastly, I don't need you or any other guy to take care of me. I was taking care of myself before you, remember that", Aaliyah said.

"Yo boss? Getting into his car Liyah? Really?", Dre asked.

"I don't have anything to explain to you because I have been the one that has been faithful in this marriage and I still haven't been with anybody else but you til this day. You on the other hand, have not faithful", Aaliyah said.

"Listen, when you saw that condom box. I wasn't going to use the shit nor did I even use it yet. I even gave that shit to Olin. I just did that to...so you wouldn't be hurt that I didn't know if I wanted to be with you anymore", Dre said.

"I don't believe that shit", Aaliyah said.

"It's true. Nae was the last person I cheated on you with nobody else", Dre said.

"Dre just...why do you wanna come over?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre sucked his teeth. "Never mind", Dre said.

Aaliyah shrugged her shoulder. "Don't call my phone anymore if you're just trying to be nosey alright?", Aaliyah said. "We are not together, I am no longer your concern, so please do not question the things I do"