Chapter 55

The next morning, Aaliyah woke up as Dre came into the house. His shirt was sweaty from his morning run.

"I can't believe you really slept on the couch", Dre said as he shut the door.

Aaliyah raised up from the couch into a sitting position. "Ah my back", Aaliyah said.

"That's what yo ass get", Dre said. "Ain't nobody tell you get mad cause you wrong and try to flip shit on me"

"I guess somebody still didn't get it", Aaliyah mumbled.

"Excuse me?", Dre asked.

"Andre-"

Dre cut her off. "Stop calling me that", he said in a firm voice. "I'm not going to ask you again"

"...never mind", Aaliyah said.

Dre shook his head.

"You know, I thought weed was supposed to chill people out, not make them an asshole", Aaliyah said.

Dre took his shirt off. "What are you talking about it". Dre asked.

"Ever since you started smoking again, you've slowing turning back into the Dre I first met", Aaliyah said.

Dre shook his head. "I don't know what that is suppose to mean but imma just forget you said that because I don't want to argue",Dre said.

Aaliyah got off the couch because she had to use the bathroom and walked into the bathroom.

Dre sighed as he walked into the kitchen.

Aaliyah using the restroom, Aaliyah walked back into the living room expecting to see Dre but he wasn't there. She heard him in the kitchen and walked into the kitchen.

"Can you do me a favor?", Dre asked as he leaned over the counter not looking at her.

"What?", Aaliyah asked.

"Be honest with me", Dre said.

"What are you talking about?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre hit the counter as he looked at her. "Stop asking stupid!", Dre shouted.

Aaliyah jumped a little.

"If you got some shit to tell me. Tell me that shit right now", he said.

Aaliyah was still quiet. She wasn't sure what he was talking about.

Dre sucked his teeth. "This the shit I be talking about. You want me to be the most perfect guy to you and tell you every fucking thing but you can't tell me shit", Dre said. "It's alright though, let's go get dressed and we can go handle this"

"Handle what?", Aaliyah asked.

"An abortion", Dre said.

Aaliyah made a face.

"Carmen told me", Dre said. "Aaliyah I knew it was something on your mind when we were trying to get you pregnant and you didn't even say anything. Aaliyah this is important. This is your life we are talking about"

Aaliyah looked down. "I was thinking that it wouldn't happen", Aaliyah said softly.

"A possibility! Not a sure thing that it wouldn't happen but a possibility", Dre said. "Something that you needed to discuss with me"

"I'm sorry okay?", Aaliyah said. "I just...I just felt bad that I would not be able to give you something that you want"

Aaliyah wanted to cry but she held it because it was no used to crying because she was in the wrong.

"Just stop the shit. This is what you do anyway", Dre said.

Aaliyah didn't say anything.

"...I'll take a shower first", Dre said before walking out the kitchen.

Aaliyah took in a deep breath after he left the kitchen. She was angry but she understood why Carmen told him and why he was mad about it.

————————

After Dre and Aaliyah left the house, they went to see the doctor. Aaliyah decided to take the pill to abort the baby because she was really early in the pregnancy. She really didn't know where that left her and Dre because he barely talked and she didn't wanna be the one to start a conversation. The only time Dre talked was to ask the doctor questions.

As of right now, they were back at the apartment. Dre sat in the living room and walked TV while Aaliyah was in the bedroom watching TV.

Dre came into the bedroom. "I'm about to go. I got something to do", Dre said.

"Okay", Aaliyah replied.

Dre walked out the room. He was tired of her keeping secrets. He was kinda getting tired of everything else Aaliyah was doing. He still loved her to death but a person could only take so much. If she would've told him the truth from the jump, he wouldn't have been mad about it, because he couldn't replace Junior anyway.

—————————

The next morning, Aaliyah went to pick up Jada from Killa's house. Dre hadn't came home last night, but she assumed that he slept at Killa's because he was too tired to come home.

Aaliyah pulled up to Killa's house but didn't see Dre's car. She got out the car and rang the doorbell.

Killa opened the door. "What's up?", Killa asked as he let her in.

Aaliyah walked in. "Hey", she replied. "Do you know where Dre is?"

"Umm...I'm sorry but I don't", Killa said. "Haven't seen him since like the day before yesterday"

"Wait..you didn't see him last night?", Aaliyah asked.

"Talked to him. But I didn't see him Aaliyah. Sorry", he said.

Aaliyah was quiet and she thought to herself.

"He didn't tell me where he was", Killa said.

"Okay", Aaliyah replied as she brushed it off.

"But um Jada is upstairs", Killa said. "I'll get her"

"Thank you", Aaliyah said.

Killa went upstairs and Aaliyah's mind began to race.

TO BE CONTINUED...