Chapter 23

Later that night, Carmen finally got home from the airport. Killa told her about Aaliyah so the first place she went to was Dre's apartment. He was home but he didn't answer the door or his phone. So, she went to Killa's house.

"And where were you when she came here? Why is some other bitch watching your daughter??", Carmen asked.

"I gotta make money right?", Killa asked.

"Money, money, money. That's all I ever fucking hear", Carmen said.

"Me and you both no I didn't come from nothing. In and out of homes...Now that I have something, I wanna keep it that way", Killa said. "But this isn't about me"

"You're right, because it's about my niece. You have all these people doing stuff for you. You should've let them do it while watched her", Carmen said. "And maybe, just maybe my sister wouldn't be out there alone where only god knows"

"This is my fault", Killa said. "Maybe if you were here and not in Atlanta, this wouldn't have happened"

Carmen mean mugged him.

"You know what I don't give a fuck anymore. Get the fuck out my house", Killa said.

"You need give a fuck", Carmen said.

Killa grabbed Carmen and pinned her against the wall. "You never gave a fuck. Stop blaming me for shit that I didn't start...I just finished it", Killa said.

Carmen was quickly fast as she looked at him. But she didn't show that she was scared.

"Now get the fuck out", Killa said as he let her go.

Carmen slowly walked past him.

"You make it hard for somebody to change", Killa said.

Carmen stopped for a moment then walked out.

——————————————-

Carmen went to Dre's apartment again and banged on the door and he still didn't answer.

"Really Dre?", Carmen said.

Dre finally answered the door. "Do you not understand when you aren't wanted?", Dre asked. "What do you want?"

"I want to know why you gave Aaliyah the option to check out on her own times", Carmen asked.

"Because she's not an animal. She's a human beings and she.. she can make decisions on her own", Dre said.

"Do you even know where she went?", Carmen asked.

"No. I don't", Dre replied.

Carmen pushed the door open and walked in and looked around.

"Can you get out?", Dre asked.

Carmen sees Aaliyah's ring on the coffee table then looked at Dre as she walked to it.

"Yes. She left me and you're not helping", Dre said.

"This is Aaliyah we are talking about, Dre. She leaves but she ways comes back", Carmen said.

Dre shuts the door. "Not this time. I said some shit that I didn't need to say at the time or I couldn't act least said in a better way", Dre said. "Now she's gone"

"What did you say?", Carmen asked.

"I told her how I felt and it's none of your business", Dre said.

"So my sister is out there feeling alone and hurt right now because of you?", Carmen asked.

Dre didn't say anything.

"You know what. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. But Dre you gotta admit it...you were wrong for saying whatever you said to her while she is like this", Carmen said.

"Well she shouldn't have cheated", Dre quickly said with anger.

Carmen was quiet. "...when did she cheat?", she asked.

Dre shook his head as he sat down. "The time Killa took her and Kevin help out and all of that", Dre said. "Killa didn't rape her"

Carmen looked down.

"She did it because she wanted to distract him and make him think that he had her wrapped around her finger so she could... well I don't know the whole plan because I didn't wanna hear it", Dre said.

"...it wasn't a good thing Dre but you gotta be honest she was trying to get back to you and it happened like a year ago. That was before you two became as strong as y'all did", Carmen said as she sat next to him. "Before you guys got married"

"She lied all this time", Dre said. "All of this time"

"...maybe because of the fear of you leaving her", Carmen said, "which is probably why she probably left before you got the chance to"

Dre looked down. "I told her I wanted her to continue to be my wife and that I love her. I just needed time to myself for a few days", Dre said.

"Dre you have to realize that Aaliyah comes from a life where people come and they leave her", Carmen said.

"And I don't?", Dre asked.

"...Dre, listen we are going to find her", Carmen said. "Besides, if we can't find her. She will be back. This is just Aaliyah being Aaliyah"

"You could be right but..she took Jada and a lot of Jada's things. She took her car", Dre said. "And I don't care how mad Aaliyah ever got at me when we spends time at Jay's house or a hotel. She never took off her engagement ring... let alone her wedding ring"

Carmen didn't say anything.

"But either way we gotta find her because she isn't stable", Dre said. "She's been craving more lately and it ain't no telling if she already got it"

Carmen touched Dre's back. "She's going to be okay. I believe that Aaliyah is strong...she has her lows but she strong...and that she wouldn't do anything that would sacrifice Jada's protection", Carmen said.

Dre nods.

————————————————-

Aaliyah was currently on the other side of town. She couldn't find where Dre put her wallet at so she needed money. At the moment, Jada and her were in the car and Aaliyah was rocking Jada back to sleep. She was continuously crying.

"Jada, please. Just please stop crying for mommy", Aaliyah said. "I know...I know you like your step dad to put you sleep but he's not here okay?"

Jada kept crying.

Aaliyah started crying a little bit to then tried to hold it back.

Finally, Jada stopped crying and dozed off.

Aaliyah let a breath out and put her back in the car seat and put a blanket over her. Aaliyah put her head back to relax her mind and fell asleep.

TO BE CONTINUED...
VOTE AND COMMENT FOR MORE