Chapter 16

The next morning, Aaliyah went to Killa's house like she said she would. Dre was sleeping when she left so they didn't do any talking.

Jada starts crying.

"Okay so you feed her bottle already, so why do you think she's crying now?", Aaliyah asked.

Killa picked Jada up and smelled something stank. "God damn. She can feel that bad?", he asked.

Aaliyah nods with a slight smile. "It's your job to change her. Remember front to back", said Aaliyah as she walk to get the wipes and diaper.

"Shit...", Killa said as he put her on the couch.

Aaliyah handed Killa the diaper and wipes.

"Thanks", he said as he took them. "So, you talked to Dre?"

"Yea, we're fine", she said

Killa nods. "That's good", he said.

Aaliyah sighed. "Yea but anyways... she's a bit spoiled so she doesn't like to be alone and she loves to be held so sometimes she cries about that. But other than that she just hungry or she needs her diaper changed if she cries", Aaliyah said.

"Sounds simple", he said.

"Yes. Let's just hope her toddler years are as simple", She said.

Killa nods.

"Well, you got it from here and I'm going to head out", Aaliyah said.

"Alright", Killa said. "See you later. Remember I gotta do some stuff tonight so come by 7"

"Okay. 7 it is", she replied. "Bye"

"Bye", Killa replied.

———————————

Around the same time Aaliyah left Killa's house, Carmen went to Aaliyah and Dre's apartment. She had a key so she walked in herself. She saw Dre watching TV, drinking a bottle of alcohol.

"You know it's other ways to cope with things", Carmen said.

Dre looked at her. Carmen's real hair was out when she normally wears a different color wigs. Lately, Aaliyah had been wearing her natural hair out or black wigs, so he couldn't tell him apart expect for her accent. "Don't you know how to knock?", he asked.

"Wait you didn't see me come in?", she asked.

"I thought you were Aaliyah", he said. "And I'm not drinking my problems away. I'm not even drunk"

Carmen nods as she sits down in the chair. "...you said Aaliyah is going through postpartum depression right?", she asked.

"Yea", Dre said

"Well...maybe it's her depression telling her not to believe you because she feels like she's not good enough", Carmen explained. "Therefore, you need to make her believe you"

"Im surprised you believe me. I'm surprised you're even over here", Dre said.

"...when Aaliyah first got here she wasn't happy. She barely ate. When you got here she continued to do the same thing because what you decided to do but eventually she wasn't mad about it anymore and eventually she started eating a little bit more and she was getting happy...you make my sister happy. And yes I do believe you because I know you wouldn't want to hurt her right?"