Chapter 3

Dre got to the house and Aaliyah wasn't there. As he walked to the door, he called her phone but it went straight to voicemail.

Dre sighed as he locked the door and walked into the house and put the code in for the alarm. After doing that, he called Jay who picked up after a few rings.

"What's up?" jay answered.

"Aaliyah there?", Dre asked.

"No", Jay replied.

Dre put his keys down and saw a piece of paper.

"Hello?", Jay said.

"Yea. When did she leave?", Dre said as he picked up the paper.

"a couple of minutes ago", Jay said.

"Let me call you back", Dre said before hanging up.

Dre began reading the note out loud. "Enough of playing family man, it's time to get back to business", he read.

Dre made a face and suddenly, he got a phone call. He looked at his phone but it was from a unknown number. Dre looked around then answered the phone.

"Hello?", Dre answered.

"Long time no see", the person on the other end of the phone said.

They guy had a deep voice but Dre couldnt make out who it was.

"Who is this?", Dre asked.

"The person who has something you want", he said.

"Why are you doing this?", Dre asked.

As Dre was on the phone, Aaliyah and Andre came through the one.

"Because you're not living to your full potential. Working at a car wash, marrying some hoe, I mean come on. That's not in the books playa", he said.

"Don't speak on her", Dre said.

"Let's be real, what are you going to do about it. I have your daughter", he said.

Dre looked at Aaliyah then walked outside and shut the door.

Aaliyah stood there for a moment then kneeled toward Andre.

"Go upstairs to your room okay. I'll be up there in a minute", Aaliyah said.

"Okay", Andre said before going upstairs.

Aaliyah started to walk to the door but Dre came back through the door

"What's going on?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre shook his head. "I'll tell you later", Dre said.

"Here we go again. Dre you were doing good, now you're blocking me out again?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre got angry and stood in front of her. "Didn't I say I was going to tell you later, Aaliyah!?", he asked. "And you're the last person to talk about what I'm doing in this relationship but yet everybody else knows shit that don't need to know about this relationship. Even your ex"

"My ex?", Aaliyah asked. "What?"

"Stop. Just stop iight", Dre said. "All the playing dumb shit gotta go"

"I'm not-"

Dre cut her off. "Aaliyah if you gotta run and tell your ex shit then I'm glad we didn't get married today because that shit is wrong", he said.

Aaliyah didn't say anything. She just couldn't believe he just said that to her and where all of this was coming from.

Dre grabbed his keys and left.