Chapter 40

A week later, Aaliyah was still at Carmen's house. Usually by a week, her and Dre would have been back to being a relationship but this time he really did it.

Aaliyah went to Killa's house because he wanted to see Jada.

Killa held Jada as he sat down and began talking to Aaliyah. "She looks more and more beautiful everyday", Killa said.

"Yes she does", Aaliyah said as she sat next to him.

"Who do you think she looks like?", Killa asked.

"You", Aaliyah said.

Killa looked at Aaliyah. "You think so?", he asked.

"Yea", Aaliyah said. "Make me sick"

Killa chuckled. "I guess I got the strong genes", Killa said.

"I guess so", Aaliyah said as she looked at Jada.

Killa looked at Jada and she was asleep.

"Uh uh wake up. Daddy just got you", Killa said.

Jada opened her eyes for a quick second and went back to sleep.

"You ain't got no job", Killa said.

Aaliyah smiled. He reminded her of Dre went he would joke with Jada.

Killa sucks his teeth and puts her on the other couch and puts her blanket over her.

"Tired ass", he said as he sat back down next to Aaliyah.

"Yea she know she can sleep", Aaliyah said as she sat back.

"So what's up with you?", Killa asked as he put his arm on the couch behind her but not touching her.

"Nothing much. I mean working with Carmen isn't really anything new because I-"

Killa cut her off. "I meant mentally", he said.

"Oh...well...I'm alright. I've been clean for a little over a month and not even having weed", Aaliyah said. "But...I don't know something still feels like I need something to work on"

"Like what?", Killa asked.

"I don't know", Aaliyah said as she looked down. "I just keep getting this feeling that I'm still not good enough. I mean nobody is perfect but...somebody is always perfect to somebody right else?", Aaliyah asked as she looked at Killa.

"...You think you're not good enough for Dre?", Killa asked.

Aaliyah shrugs her shoulders. "If I was, I wouldn't have an inch of feelings for his ex", Aaliyah said.

Killa was silent.

"...I don't know", Aaliyah said.

"Hey listen", Killa said as he turned his body to Aaliyah for a quick second. "Ever since I started talking to you. Like actually talking to you...you've been doubting yourself a lot. I mean get it, I don't myself too but you have no reason to. I know for a fact that you know you're a good person, smart...beautiful"

Aaliyah didn't expect him to call her beautiful but she did look like Carmen so she didn't think anything of.

"You lost a lot from what I heard... I feel like that's why you don't feel as great as you are", Killa said.

Aaliyah looked down. "...I just wish I could erase everything in the past", she said.

Killa lifted her head up and looked into her eyes. "Everything that had happened in the past makes you what you are today. Not weak, a drug addict or anything that you think you are...but it made you strong. I never seen anybody go through all that they've been through and still recovered", he said. "You're more than enough, because you came from the darkness and still knows how to shine when you need to. You're so busy trying to forget everything but really you need to remember it. It reminds you that you can overcome anything, anybody throws at you"