Chapter 36

The next day was Andre's funeral. Even though Dre and Aaliyah weren't on good terms. She still stood by his side through the whole service.

As there we're leaving the burial site, Dre stopped and talked to Killa for a moment while Aaliyah went to talk to Nae.

"So, first I would like to say sorry for your lost", Aaliyah said.

"...thank you", Nae replied.

"And second I would like to say that Dre is your past and you should continue to get used to that", Aaliyah said. "I've tried to be respectful for Junior but you don't seem to respect me"

"I don't have the obligation to respect you", Nae said.

"I never said you did", Aaliyah replied. "But you're going to, because I'm not the one to play with"

"Neither am I", Nae said. "I guess that's what he liked about us the most"

Nae smirked and walked away.

Aaliyah calmed herself down as Carmen walked over.

"I know that look", Carmen said as she walked away with Aaliyah as she held her arm.

"You don't understand what I had to put up with since I've been with Dre. I mean at first it was okay and eventually she became a bitch", Aaliyah said.

Carmen shook her head. "I know I know. But girl, you shouldn't have went to talk to her anyway. Her loyalty isn't with you, Dre's is", Carmen said. "And if you think that Dre will get stuck into her mind games then...I don't know. Maybe y'all need to rethink things", Carmen said as her and Aaliyah stopped walking and looked at each other.

"We are", Aaliyah said with a sigh. "I don't have my ring on"

Carmen looked down at her hand.

"I just don't know anymore", Aaliyah said. "At first things were rough but while I was pregnant with Jada, things were getting soooo much better and now...this. It's like a never ending cycle", Aaliyah said.

"Things do get better", she said. "It will get better...as much as I loved the two of you together and still do...my grandma, our grandma...she once told me if you want things to change, you sometimes have to eliminate the things that are around you"

Aaliyah looked down.

"I know that you guys love each other, but girl I'm sorry I never since people take breaks as much as y'all do", Carmen said.

Aaliyah shook her head. "True", she mumbled. "But this time it's serious", Aaliyah said. "I hope it isn't permanent, but we're seriously taking a break with each other and this time the both of us are on broad with it"

Carmen nods. "You ready to go?", Carmen asked.

"Yea", Aaliyah replied.

Aaliyah and Carmen walked to the car. As they did that Dre was looking at Aaliyah as Killa talked to him.

"Bruh you listening?", Killa asked.

Dre snapped out of it and looked at Killa. "Yea", Dre replied.

"What's going on?", Killa asked.

"...me and Aaliyah ain't really on good terms", Dre said. "And it's looking bad this time"

"You didn't sleep with that girl did you?", Killa asked.

"No. It's just... never mind. Just continue what you was saying. I'm listening", Dre said.

"...man I don't think you need to be out there", Killa said.

"Why I don't?", Dre asked.

"You're mind ain't in it", Killa said. "We'll handle it"

"Nah. He killed my son. He wanted somebody to suffer...Imma show him suffer", Dre said.

Nae walked over to Dre. "Can I talk to you for a minute", Nae asked.

Dre rolled his eyes before he looked at her.

"Imma catch you later bruh", Killa said before he walked away

"What?", Dre asked.

"I see I know where your feelings lay since wifey had to come confront me", Nae said.

"I'm not about to do this", Dre said as he walked away.

"Do what? Have sex with? Like you already did", Nae asked. "When was that? Two days ago right? Remember before we started arguing and you accidentally called her"

Dre stopped walking.

"Don't worry, I didn't tell her. But I will if she wanna get bold", Nae said.

"I want you to keep it real with me", Nae said.

"All you did was give me head", Dre said.

"And you let me", Nae said.

"And I stopped you", Dre said. "Nae, I'm not about to do this shit with you. I love Aaliyah. I love her. Not you, her"

Nae folded her arms.

"Our son is gone and the only thing you seem to be worried about is getting back together", Dre said. "And the thing is you left me"

Nae looked down. "That's the thing", she said before looking up at him. "I am thinking about Junior...and how I'm alone now. Dre when I broke up with you, I always thought that you'd try to win me back but you didn't. Instead you found somebody else...so I just sucked it up and stuck with the other love of my life. Our son...and now I have nobody. When do I get to have a win in the situation?"

"And there is other guys out there for you Nae. But unfortunately it isn't me", Dre said. "I'm sorry"

Nae began tearing up.

Dre looked down.

Nae began sniffing. "What are the plans for Ron?", Nae asked.

"It doesn't matter because you're not doing getting involved", Dre said.

"My son, my business", Nae said. "Now...whats the plan?"

"...I'll call you about it later", Dre said. "Just be ready"

"I'm always ready. I learned from the best", Nae said.

Dre looked down then looked back up and walked away.

Nae looked back at him as he walked away then looked down. She took out her phone and began texting as she walked to her car.

TO BE CONTINUED...