Chapter 61

After work Monday, Aaliyah walked into Deshawn's office for her session.

"Hey. You ready?", she asked with a smile.

"Yea", Deshawn replied. "You seem happy today. Fun weekend?"

Aaliyah chuckled. "No...but my husband and I are looking into therapy", she said as she sat down.

"That's good", Deshawn replied.

"Yea but he isn't too hype about it", Aaliyah replied.

"Why not?", Deshawn asked.

"Because...I don't know... he doesn't want to feel his feelings with a stranger", Aaliyah said.

"Well...if you want my advice. I wouldn't start the therapy unless he's ready or unless he believes in it", Deshawn said. "It wouldn't end well"

Aaliyah got quiet.

Deshawn felt Aaliyah mood changing and changed the subject. "Did you finish the lists?", he asked.

"Oh yea", Aaliyah said as she took the notebook out her purse.

"Okay then, let's get started Aaliyah", Deshawn said.

Aaliyah had her therapy session and they kind of went over the expected time.

"Sorry about that. Usually I set a timer", Deshawn said.

"It's okay. I enjoy talking to you anyways", Aaliyah said. "You know in like a client to therapist type of way"

Deshawn chuckles.

"I just don't wanna send any type of mix signal", Aaliyah said.

"No signal received", Deshawn said with chuckle.

Aaliyah smiled and looked down.

"You know whether he's ready for therapy or not...I think he'll come through because you seem like a good woman to have", Deshawn said.

"Despite the things I've told you so far??", Aaliyah asked.

"Yes. Why? Because I can see the type of person you would've been if you didn't go though those things. The type of person you will let come out when you get passed those things", he asked. "The person Keyanna saw"

Aaliyah looked down.

"I'm sorry to bring her up", Deshawn said.

Aaliyah looked at him. "It's okay", Aaliyah said. "I've come to terms with her death"

Deshawn nods. "...I'll walk you out", he said.

"I guess that will become a routine huh?", Aaliyah asked.

"I mean we get off of work at the same time", he replied. "I could stop"

Aaliyah chuckles. "I was joking", Aaliyah replied. "No need to get all nervous", Aaliyah said as she walked out of his office.

Deshawn stood there and watched her walk out. He grabbed his jacket and turned the lights off and walked out as well.

When they both walked out, they saw Dre leaning on his car waiting for Aaliyah.

"Oh boy", Aaliyah mumbled.

Dre walked to them. "Hey what's up?", Dre said to Deshawn. "You must be her boss. You look familiar"

"Yea", Deshawn replied. "And you must be her husband"

Aaliyah tried to Dre what's up? What are you doing here?", she asked.

Dre ignored Aaliyah. "How you know she had a husband if she hasn't been wearing her ring?", Dre asked.

Deshawn shook his head as she looked at Aaliyah who became talking.

"Dre this is also my therapist", Aaliyah said. "Anymore questions detective?"

"Uh Aaliyah I'll see you in the morning. I got somewhere to be", he said.

"Okay", Aaliyah said.

Deshawn walked away.

"Therapist? You ain't tell me about this shit", Dre said. "So, so is this why you come off an hour and a half pass the time you supposed to get off"

"Yes", Aaliyah replied.

"I don't like that shit", Dre said.

"I'm sorry but he's actually helping me", Aaliyah said. "He actually cares"

"The nigga don't give a fuck. He either just looking for a paycheck or he tryna find a way into yo pants", Dre said.

"You know what... okay", Aaliyah said. "I'm going home"

"Nah, I wanted to go get something to eat", Dre said.

"I'm not hungry", Aaliyah said as she walked to her car.

Dre shook his head.

Aaliyah stopped and walked back to him. "I get it. I'm pretty and I have a nice body but that doesn't mean other people don't see me as a person", Aaliyah said.

"I didn't say that", Dre said.

"It sounds like it", Aaliyah said. "And Dre please we aren't together until we can actually get shit between us right. Because the cycle is continuing. All we do is argue and I'm tired of it. I love you Dre but if we don't get things right, sooner or later it won't be anything to get right because it won't be an us", she said.

Dre began to say something but Aaliyah cut him off.

"Do not show up at my job again if you're going to try to start something, do not talk to him or threaten him like you did the first time before Keyanna's wedding because I actually like this job", Aaliyah said.

Dre made a face. "Wait, that's the same dude?", Dre asked. "And you working for him and telling all your business and possibly ours?"

"I am trying to do something good here", Aaliyah said. "For myself. He hasn't even flirted with me once. This is strictly business"

"Strictly business until he try some shit and I have to bust a cap in his ass", Dre said.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

"You hungry or not?", Dre asked.

"You really are starting to act like that same drug lord I met three years ago", Aaliyah said.

"You mean the one you fell for?", Dre asked.

"No. The one I wanted to get away from but he wouldn't let me", Aaliyah said.

Dre got quiet.

"I'll have dinner with you when you're not being a big egoed jerk", Aaliyah said. "You've been around Killa and Olin too much"

Aaliyah began walking to her car again.

Dre clenched his jaw before walking back to his and getting in.

TO BE CONTINUED...