Chapter 11

After Carmen found out what might be wrong with Aaliyah, she decided to talk to her first when she wasn't high alone before letting Dre know.

Aaliyah and Carmen were in Carmen's room at the moment and Carmen decided to ask then.

"Aaliyah, we need to talk", said Carmen in a nervous voice.

By this time, Aaliyah's mood was normal. She wasn't mad but she was bubbly like this morning.

"About what?", Aaliyah asked.

"About you", Carmen began. "Listen...this morning I noticed that somebody had been in merchandise"

"What? You're saying me or Dre is  stealing from you? Besides, what merchandise?", Aaliyah asked.

"My coke, molly, meth.. you know stuff like that", Carmen said.

"Just tell me what are you assuming?", Aaliyah asked.

"You didn't take any of those drugs did you?", Carmen asked. "Like actually take any right?"

Aaliyah shook her head. "No I didn't. But if you feel like you can't trust me in your house then I can leave. We all can leave", she said.

"I didn't say that. I'm not mad at you Aaliyah. I'm just worried", Carmen said.

"Im clean. I can take a drug test right now", Aaliyah said.

"...what about this morning?", Carmen asked. "The way you were acting it was like-"

Aaliyah cut her off. "Listen, yes I was pissed at Dre but it's done and over with now. He did what he did and it's no turning back", Aaliyah said.

Carmen didn't say anything.

"He didn't do it to hurt me. Besides...no need to push him away in a marriage that just started", Aaliyah said.

Carmen nods. "Okay Aaliyah", Carmen said.

Carmen believed Aaliyah.

"Maybe you should ask Dre about it. But I doubt he'd take it", Aaliyah said.

Carmen nods.

————————————————

That evening, Carmen's door bell rung and Aaliyah went to answer it. Before opening it, she looked out the peak hole and it was Killa. She backed up for a moment and thought to herself. He rung the door bell again and she opened it.

Killa studied Aaliyah.

"Aaliyah? Right?", Killa asked.

Aaliyah nods.

Killa walks in and Aaliyah slowly shuts the door behind him.

"Sorry about the other night. Ya know, me tryna kill ya boy and all", Killa said.

Aaliyah made a face because she was shocked to hear him say that. She turned and looked at him.

"And I also wanted to say that it wasn't my intentions of killin ya pops and ya sister. I guess that's what happened when you send dumbasses out there", Killa said. "I handle them"

Aaliyah looked down.

Killa looked around as there was silence between them.

"...can you say something?", Killa asked.

"What? I'm supposed to say apologize accepted?", she asked.

"I didn't say that, but saying everything would've been nice so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself", Killa said.