Chapter 62

Aaliyah got home and got out of her work clothes and took a shower. She put on a oversized shirt and went into the kitchen to get something to eat but as she did that she heard the front door open. Aaliyah paused and grabbed a knife. She heard the footstep waking toward her. Suddenly, Dre came into the kitchen.

Aaliyah sighed of relief. "How did you get in here?", she asked.

"Key", he said.

Aaliyah looked confused. "But you gave it back", she said.

"Well last time I took it back", Dre said. "But that's besides the point"

Aaliyah made a face.

"I came here to apologize for earlier", he said.

Aaliyah folded her arms.

"It's just that me seeing you get in the car with him last week and you walking with him today before you saw me...you looked happy and stressed free", Dre said. "And it's not that I don't want you to be happy because I do but...it wasn't with me"

Aaliyah actually started to listen.

"I know I can have something one minute and it be gone the next but...I guess we go back and forth so much that I thought that-"

"That there wouldn't be a day I won't come back to you?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre didn't say anything for a moment because she was right. "Yea. I mean I knew it was possible but don't want that to happen", Dre said.

"If you don't want that to happen then you should act like it. You embarrassed me today. He's my boss, I have to see him everyday", Aaliyah said.

"Not if you quit", Dre said.

"Dre I don't wanna quit. I wanna work, I miss making my own money because at the end of the day, I never know when I'll have to be on my own again", Aaliyah said.

"You know I always got you", Dre said.

"Like I said the other day, any minute now you can get killed and then what?", Aaliyah said.

"Listen, I'm still alive so I'll be alive until it's time for me to go", Dre said.

Aaliyah shook her head. "And that's the big headness that's going to get you killed", Aaliyah said.

"No. It's called being confident", Dre said.

"I don't get it. Do you have to turn yourself into this person to do your job or something?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre shrugs his shoulders. "Kinda", Dre replied.

"Well you need to leave that shit out there in the streets. The Aaliyah that wasn't your wife may not have minded it but I do", Aaliyah said.

Dre looked her up and down and bit his lip.

"What?", Aaliyah asked.

"Nothing", he said.

Aaliyah put the knife back and opened the fridge.

Dre came up behind her and touched her waist. "I'm hungry", he said in a seductive way.

"Well go get you something to eat", Aaliyah said.

"That's what I'm tryna do. I got a whole meal right here", Dre said as he slowly slid his hand to her private area over her shirt.

Aaliyah closed her eyes for a moment then came back to reality and moved out of the way. "You're not about to do that", she said.

"Do what?", he asked as he licked his lips.

"You know what, now stop", Aaliyah said. "It's not going to work"

"I wasn't tryna do nothing but please you, but alright", Dre said.

"No, you want to have sex and then after we have sex you sweet talk me and then next thing I know we together, together again and then we're right back at square one", she said. "I'm not doing it. That's where I fucked up last time"

Dre rolled his eyes.

"We are going to do this the right way this time", Aaliyah said. "We are going therapy"

"Alright Aaliyah", Dre said. "I'm about to do get us something to eat. I'm hungry"

"Dre, I'm serious. Do you wanna do it or not?", Aaliyah said.

"I told you okay yesterday na", Dre said.

"Yea but are you going to participate the right way?", Aaliyah asked.

"I'll talk about what I feel like talking about alright", Dre said. "And it better not be with that dude"

"It's not. Somebody different", Aaliyah said.

Dre didn't say anything.

"...Dre it's different I know but I think we need it because I've ran out of options on how to fix things and how we should go about things and I dont know anymore", Aaliyah said.

"...Aaliyah when you say fix things what do you mean?", Dre asked.

"...I lied when I said I trusted you. I don't trust you", Aaliyah said. "But I don't wanna loose you either because I love you and... you know what let's just wait until the therapy session"

Dre was quiet.

Aaliyah looked down.

"...I will actively participate in the session", Dre said. "I'll do everything you need me to do"

Aaliyah looked at him.

Dre looked back down. "...but um...let me guess, you want chicken wings", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "That would be nice", she said.

"Iight. I'll be back", Dre said.

"Okay", Aaliyah replied.

Dre walked out the kitchen.

Aaliyah sighed.

TO BE CONTINUED...